PDA

View Full Version : stabbing headache over eyebrow

Ethansmom
10-01-17, 18:54
Anyone else dealing with these. What causes them?? I always assume the worst. I just took two Advils so hoping that will help a bit. Could it be a trigger point in my neck? I know I've had these before (but more in my temple area). A few muscle relaxers and it went away.

Dave1
10-01-17, 23:45
Have you got ice-pick headaches? I remember Googling them and reading they're very hard to treat which worried me - until I read why they're very hard to treat - they clear up before medication has time to act! :doh:

Ethansmom
11-01-17, 01:40
Possibly. Now my headache seems to throb when I look down on the computer and then look up. I turned quickly and it started to ache briefly and then went away. Is this a bad sign? I worry about brain tumors :-)

Lily777
11-01-17, 03:05
This sounds to me like a sinus headache. You have sinus cavities above each eye brow. The headache also gets worse with changes in position. I get them when my allergies get bad. Do you have any allergies?

Hypomean
11-01-17, 04:39
I get a pain on my eye brow area when I have a tense neck or have been clenching my jaw/teeth all day

AntsyVee
11-01-17, 05:00
It's in the area that people usually get ice pick headaches. It could also be your sinuses, as Lily mentioned.

When I have these, it helps me if I take some ibuprofen, then take a hot shower followed by lying down with a cold cloth on my head.

If the muscle relaxers made it go away, it was most likely ice pick instead of sinuses...especially if you're having no other sinus issues.

Ethansmom
11-01-17, 13:53
I hope it's a sinus headache and not anything serious
I have so many issues lately. Whatever it was, it is not there this morning . If it comes on later, does that mean it's tension related and not anything sinister? I just don't know when it's appropriate to go to the ER anymore.

AntsyVee
11-01-17, 19:22
Headaches are very rarely anything to go the the ER for...