PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Please

Cindy
13-04-07, 07:55
Hi everyone
I just wanted to know something.I have this fear of developing diabetes not sure why.None of my family has it but I was surfing the net and some of the symptoms are dizziness and headaches.Well Last month I was feeling pretty weak and dizzy so I decided to go to the doc and he did a urine test to check for any traces of sugar and nothing was found.I still felt dizzy and tired (really lightheaded) so I had a bood sugar test done the next week and my blood sugar was in normal range but I still have this fear.can anyone please tell me if that was enough to determine if I could have diabetes.Should I go for more test or am I just being a baby please.I really don't feel like putting myself through all this again

your replies will really be appreciated
Thanks in advance and good health everyone:hugs:

Cindy
13-04-07, 09:24
Thanks for replying:) i'm not sure why I'm so obssesed with this cocern!

Jaco45er
13-04-07, 09:25
Hiya Cindy

So diabetes is your poison?

Mines was a fear of a heart attack, then a host of other life threatening illnesses that I diagnosed all by myself :) on google. Who needs doctors lol.

It sounds like the classic "health anxiety" trait Cindy. You have stumbled across some symptons that are common with anxiety but are listed with 1001 other diseases and you are probably focusing on what you read at a time when you were in an anxious state.

Your doc would have diagnosed diabetes by now (a friend of mine has it, but she leads a normal life) so I wager you are suffering from health anxiety.

If you hadn't been to the doc, I would have advised go to the docs ;).

If dizzyness and headaches mean't diabetes, everyone here must have diabetes, know what I mean? :)

Take care

Jaco

shoegal
13-04-07, 10:47
Hi Cindy,

Diabetes would have shown up in the blood and urine tests so please try not to worry. I'm pretty sure your symptoms are anxiety as most of us on here have those symptoms along with many others!

Try not to worry. And promise me ........ NO MORE GOOGLING!!!

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Piglet
13-04-07, 10:57
Mines was a fear of a heart attack, then a host of other life threatening illnesses that I diagnosed all by myself :) on google. Who needs doctors lol.
Jaco

Yep mine too!!

Cindy we all have a focus for our anxiety and this has just become one that you are glued on for the mo. Yes anomolies would have shown up in your wee!!

On the stick they use to test my wee there is a box for showing if excess 'Pringles' are present!! :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

Jaco45er
13-04-07, 16:42
I can't believe you are making light of Pringle addiction Piglet. I knew a guy once who thought he could handle Pringles.

It started with peanuts, then progressed to pork scratchings, and before he knew it he was doing a tube a day.

The poor guy lost his house through buying pringles day in day out, he spend so much time munching them he couldn't hold down a job for long.

Luckliy, he kepted all the tubes and made a Prefab shelter out of them.

He is getting better now, after multiple sessions at PA (Pringles Anon) but people like you still stigmatise these unfortunate souls.

Just think on lady, the next time your peer down an empty tube of Pringles, lets just hope you don't end up living in one.

Jaco

neptuno
13-04-07, 17:04
Hello Cindy !
Urine and blood tests have shown CONCLUSIVELY that you do not have diabetes. Your history and blood count would also reveal any potential or tendency towards this problem. Cindy, you are absolutely fine, you DO NOT HAVE DIABETES. I'm sure you've been experiencing the symptoms of dizziness associated with stress and anxiety. Relax and let go of this unneccesary worry. Be kind to yourself.