PDA

View Full Version : Chronic fatigue on mirtazapine?

Bonnibelle
12-01-17, 15:15
Did anyone find mirtazapine caused chronic fatigue? I do have an underactive thyroid diagnosed last year but I have always been tired since starting 15mg mirt in December 2013. I was always tired but not enough to stop me doing anything as i used to workout, run, yoga etc... then a year ago was crippled by chronic fatigue and an underactive thyroid. I guess i was wondering if mirt could have added to that. I try to take it early but still feel like a zombie and in a foggy head until the afternoon.

Does anyone else feel fatigued on the drug?

BikerMatt
12-01-17, 20:22
Did anyone find mirtazapine caused chronic fatigue? I do have an underactive thyroid diagnosed last year but I have always been tired since starting 15mg mirt in December 2013. I was always tired but not enough to stop me doing anything as i used to workout, run, yoga etc... then a year ago was crippled by chronic fatigue and an underactive thyroid. I guess i was wondering if mirt could have added to that. I try to take it early but still feel like a zombie and in a foggy head until the afternoon.

Does anyone else feel fatigued on the drug?

You say you try and take it early, I'm guessing you mean mornings? If you do you will definitely feel foggy during the day.
You should really take it at night about 1 hour before bed.

SmilingAlbert
13-01-17, 12:56
Yes advise taking it at night. May cause grogginess in the AM, but coffee will help!

Bonnibelle
13-01-17, 14:43
Sorry, I take it at 9pm in the evening. That is what I meant by early evening. I used to take it around 10pm.