PDA

View Full Version : Can't cope

Shelly15
12-01-17, 21:42
I don't know how much longer I can cope with this anxiety it's taken over my life compleatly. I had to quit my job 6 months ago as my anxiety took over I kept getting dizzy spells and feeling off balance and not in control. Then about 4 months ago I kept feeling like I wasn't getting a full breath and kept fainting if I got out of a hot bath or if I got really hot. It's getting worse and worse that I can't even get out of bed.

My symptoms:
Feel like I can't get a full breath/tight ribs
Shaking
Dizzy
Weak
Lungs feel like they are burning

When I walk in to a hot room I instantly can't breath my lungs go tight and I feel like I'm just about to faint and have to cool down. If I'm outside walking I start getting hot and my lungs get tight and I can't breath and I feel like I'm just about to faint, then my anxiety goes in to overdrive. Is there something wrong with my heart? My lungs? This can't be anxiety! I feel like the drs don't help they see on my records I have anxiety and just say it's that. I've been to the drs and they done oxagyn levels which was 98% and listened to my lungs which where fine and I got bloods done for thyroid and iron which came back fine. I can't do anything I can't leave the house, I can't get out of bed, I get out of bed to go to toilet and get food/water and can't get a full breath and feel faint and panic. I feel like no one wants to help me at all

SLA
12-01-17, 21:59
I did my oxygen a few weeks ago and it was 98% too. My grandad, who has a chronic lung condition, had 92% oxygen.

People do want to help, but ultimately ONLY YOU can make changes to help alleviate your anxiety.

Why do you always have to have a full breath? What IS a full breath?

You are hyper-focused on it, i can tell you that much, and it is consuming your life.

There is a way out, but its all on you to make a commitment to change.

LF87
12-01-17, 22:00
Hi,
Sounds like hallmark panic attack symptoms to me. I had the same when I was 18, left a girls holiday after 3 days thinking I was genuinely at deaths door. Couldn't breathe, dizzy, sweaty, all over the place.
Some reading about anxiety and panic attacks helped alongside CBT.