PDA

View Full Version : vibrating when sleeping

insideout20
13-01-17, 09:58
so i have posted a few times as i had a really bad weeklend last weekend, since then i havent had a full blown panic attack and feel better, i wonder if that weekend was like some kind of breakdown and that it can only get better from here on in, who knows

anyway a subject i spoke about before still baffles me

not every night but most nights im in bed watching tv then when i turn to go to sleep out of nowhere my head starts vibrating and my body, if i get up it goes away then usually it wont come back again but sometimes it will, i just cant think whatt his is, could it be an electrical currnet coming from somewhere / surley not or i would get it whilst awake watching tv etc

Shazamataz
13-01-17, 20:39
I've had this when things were bad and through changing SSRI meds. It was quite alarming but eventually went away.

insideout20
14-01-17, 12:25
What do you think it is ? What meds did you take and did they take away the physical symptoms?

Pipkin
15-01-17, 22:53
I've no idea what causes this but I know exactly what you mean. I'm usually in bed when I feel it and it's like my mattress is vibrating.

All I can say is that I've felt this for years and it's never harmed me. Best just to let it take its course and ignore it.

Pip x

mrjogi
15-01-17, 23:11
try to stay strong and remember you are in control of the emotion try to watch some of Tony Robbins videos he explains things very well

Shazamataz
16-01-17, 08:15
What do you think it is ? What meds did you take and did they take away the physical symptoms?

I seem to experience the vibrating when changing meds or reducing them. When things were really bad I basically vibrated all the time, especially starting up on SSRIs. I'm now on venlafaxine and it has helped the anxiety a lot. I've had sudden bursts of vibration when reducing zopiclone and diazepam. They happen when I'm nearly asleep, especially when trying to have a nap in the day. I also experienced the vibrating along with lots of sudden twitches when coming off mirtazipine.

My physical symptoms are a lot better now (I credit the venlafaxine) but a bit up and down as tapering off diazepam.

GadGirl
16-01-17, 09:58
I have had this on and off for years feel like my whole body is vibrating mostly when trying to sleep or if I sit down after I have been busy. I have always thought to myself maybe it's excess adrenaline working it's way out and we notice it more cause we are so in tune with every body sensation

insideout20
16-01-17, 11:30
while we are on this subject this also happens to me

when i am just about to drift off its like i stop breathing and i wake up and gasp for air, my nose is always blocked but it is scarey but again has been going on for months, usually if i get up and walk about then go back to sleep it doesnt happen again, sometimes can happen many times

what is this ? i feel like my brian goes into emergency mode to make me breath, i doubt its sleep apneo because it happens just before i sleep, the doc didnt think so when i went to see her, she said everyone gets bthe falling sensation that wakes them up but i dont feel like im falling

PanickyGuy
16-01-17, 21:52
Leftover side effect from panic disorder because of the hyperventilation\shortness of breath and subconsciously the ongoing worry about how one breaths all the time. Because one develops the fear of stop breathing in their sleep as well, so on occasions when you're about to dose off, you gasp for air because of the subconscious worry in the back of your mind of not breathing or breathing right while you sleep.

I'd have that happen all the time, which took me a while to figure out the conclusion as to why that happens, until I caught myself one day, doing it while almost wide awake (eyes closed but wide awake) and breathing perfectly normal before I gasped for air. So then I knew what the hell was going on and now it doesn't seem to happen as much. Weird!

insideout20
17-01-17, 09:04
hi, thanks for the explanation, funny enough maybe once or twice i have done that when awake, did you ever discuss with the doctor ? it makes sense what you are saying.

PanickyGuy
17-01-17, 21:25
hi, thanks for the explanation, funny enough maybe once or twice i have done that when awake, did you ever discuss with the doctor ? it makes sense what you are saying.

Well I talked to a few CB therapists about it over the years (if that's what you mean), because sometimes I would also have nightmares about death along with the gasp for air thing. In which both CBT came to the conclusion that I suffered from PTSD, because I also had several traumatic events that happened to me in the past. Mostly to do with actual events of close calls of possibly getting killed or dying in my mind.

Which in turn, connected to the panic attacks and the resulting gasp for air thing, because of the symptoms from it causing shortness of breath and hyperventilation, because like most people who have those, every time I had one, I thought I was dying from a heart attack or something; which leads back to traumatic near death experiences in my past and adds on top of that; hence why I was gasping for air when I was just about to fall asleep or somewhat still awake in my case.

To be honest, at first I thought it had something to do with the GERD I have, but what my CB therapists and I eventually figured out, made much more sense.

So anyway, it came down to it being a psychological problem then physical.