PDA

View Full Version : first panic attack

Violetteb
13-01-17, 15:18
I just came home from the hospital as i suffered my first panic attack. They gave me diazepam to use for the next three days.
I was feeling ok until now so but I feel the symptoms coming up again and I am not sure i should take them but a bit concerned about side effect.
any advice ?

thanks

venusbluejeans
13-01-17, 15:23
Hiya Violetteb and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

BikerMatt
13-01-17, 16:57
Yes I would. You will only get a small amount as they are addictive. I would also have a chat with your gp early next week.

Kuatir
13-01-17, 17:01
Yeah, go for it. They'll help.

You should look into some long term solutions though. Are you already getting help for anxiety/depression etc?

Violetteb
13-01-17, 17:14
Thanks both, i took it about an hour ago and it did make me more relaxed.
I think you're right i'll talk to my GP next week.
I hope this is just a one off, i wasn't treated for anxiety or depression before so not sure how to approach the whole thing. It started with a small chess pain and escalated pretty quickly !

Kuatir
13-01-17, 17:17
Definitely go and speak to somebody. It might not ever happen again, but it doesn't hurt to arm yourself in case it does.

BikerMatt
13-01-17, 17:27
As Kuatir said it's certainly a good idea to speak to someone. It's best to as nipping it in the bud is far better before things escalate.