PDA

View Full Version : New to forum-dental stuff

Ellsac
13-01-17, 15:19
Hi everyone. I'm another refugee from Anxiety Zone, but this site seems great and so much more organized.

I've been dealing with anxiety my whole life including OCD, panic attacks, etc...but I've been through therapy and manage myself very well at this point.

I'm currently dealing with a lot of stress, and that's always when it becomes trickier to keep my brain in check :winks:

I'm a chronic tooth clencher-and now, being in my mid-thirties, I'm dealing with the downfall of that. I need to see a dentist-have an appointment in 3 weeks-but I'm totally freaked. Usually I handle it ok, but considering I went from zero dental problems to what seems like a million dental problems within the past year, I'm now totally bugging out. I noticed cracks in my front teeth that are sensitive-so they're not just superficial. I'm freaked out that they're going to get pulled and I'll need implants.

My molars have cracks and fractures along the gum line (but my gums are totally healthy-I have pretty good oral hygiene in general) that are super sensitive.

I know I'm going to need a nightguard which I should've gotten forever ago, but I was in some sort of denial I guess.

Sigh...well, I guess that's it for now. I guess I'm just looking for support. I'll do whatever I need to do it get it fixed, but any encouragement I could get would be great haha. And hello to my fellow AZ people, and of course to the members of NMP.

almamatters
13-01-17, 16:51
:welcome: to the forum, I'm a fellow teeth clencher/ grinder and understand your struggles.
There is loads of help and support on here.

Kuatir
13-01-17, 16:54
My wife wears a nightguard. It works wonders.

Have you tried any toothpastes for sensitive teeth?

Ellsac
13-01-17, 18:27
Hi to you both :)

I do use the sensitive toothpastes-they definitely help. The cracks and chips are just too deep now, so even with toothpaste, there's still sensitivity. I really should've gotten a nightguard earlier, but oh well. I guess I kept kidding myself that I wasn't that bad haha.

I had this dream last night in which all my teeth fell out and crumbled.

AntsyVee
13-01-17, 21:15
:welcome:

Ellsac
13-01-17, 21:36
Hi Antsy-I remember you from AZ :)