PDA

View Full Version : JSA HELP

bill54
13-01-17, 15:37
Hi i am on jsa with health problems and am 62 years and 7 months how long will i carry on signing on for any help would be grateful

Catherine S
13-01-17, 16:34
Bill, it should be paid until you retire if they don't put pressure on you to work in the meantime. Are you on jsa because they don't accept your health problems officially? Mental health problems are sometimes not recognised by the benefit assessors, so you're forced to look for work even if you're suffering mentally.

Also if you do have to look for work, if you can manage it, you can work up to 16 hrs and still sign on. You have to declare your wages and it's deducted from your jsa, but they will still make up any shortfall and pay your NI contribution. If 16 hrs or less is the only job you are able to do, they should accept this.

ISB

BikerMatt
13-01-17, 16:52
If your not working due to health problems, you should be on esa.

Kuatir
13-01-17, 16:57
Speak to the Jobcenter. From my experience they aren't at all sympathetic, but they know what you can and can't claim for. However, as Matt said, ESA is going to be the way to go.

bill54
14-01-17, 09:47
thanks i am waiting mand reconsideration for second time was sent back to work first time worked for two years made problems worse medically retired again on esa then told claim jsa

KeeKee
14-01-17, 10:01
I'm currently going through the mandatory reconsideration stage. It's not very nice having to go through this. It's like we have to fight to get the money we're entitled to. Not fair at all. Signing on each fortnight is nerve wracking, I'm worried they'll sanction me.

Kuatir
14-01-17, 21:46
Unfortunately the benefits system seems to make everybody guilty of being money grabbing *******s before being proven guilty. It's a disgusting system and I am sorry that you are having to fight your way through it. Keep on fighting!

BikerMatt
14-01-17, 22:39
Keekee and Bill, As soon as you get your mandatory reconsideration decision back if it's gone against you put straight in for a tribunal then you are entitled to go straight back on ESA.

KeeKee
15-01-17, 09:09
Keekee and Bill, As soon as you get your mandatory reconsideration decision back if it's gone against you put straight in for a tribunal then you are entitled to go straight back on ESA.

Thank you. I'm due a decision before 23rd Jan, so fingers crossed for myself and anybody else going through this.

bill54
16-01-17, 15:41
tanks guys good luck were going to need it