PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, Irrational Fears, Being Bisexual

Probs92
13-01-17, 16:20
Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to the whole anxiety scene. I posted in a forum a couple of weeks ago and I was really impressed with the help I received. There is something to be said for the sense of community in dealing with anxiety and associated disorders.

Anyway, my journey with anxiety began in November of 2016 with stress induced twitching in my foot and calf, which spread to my other leg. I started getting tremors and immediately self diagnosed myself with ALS/MND. That began the spiral hellhole into which I fell.

After running every test and realizing that I am fit as a fiddle, I battled severe anxiety and depression for a little over a month. I continue to fight the good fight against anxiety on a daily basis. I am going through therapy and medication (and meditation for that matter). Last week was the first week I was doing great, I only had to use the emergency panic attack medication twice the whole week. I thought anxiety was going to be in the rear view mirror and that I would be able to finally move on from this horrible period of my life.

On Monday of this week however, things changed. I don't know why, but I started reading an article on transgender legislation in the states and I immediately began to have a panic attack, and since that moment, I have developed this fear that I am going to become transgender. I understand that it is an irrational fear if I have never felt like a woman (I am a guy), or I never felt out of place in my skin, but now I cannot shake the fear that at 24 years of age, I am going to become a woman.

I am beginning to think that this might be related to me coming out as bisexual and dating a man, but who is to say.

Does anyone know anything to help me deal with this fear? Has anyone had similar fears that can relate?

Kuatir
13-01-17, 16:36
You don't just become a woman :) . You know it is irrational so mention it at therapy and/or deal with it as you would your other irrational thoughts.

Clydesdale Epona
13-01-17, 17:03
As a transgender panromantic person i think i could possibly help, as Kuatir said you don't just become one, i myself started sensing i possibly was about in late 2013, i wrote the feelings off because i was scared in the same way you are, midway through last year i couldn't take it anymore, i hated myself and most things around me so i finally accepted it, talked to someone about it and then told my family/partner, sure i had a couple of panic attacks at the time but i'm really really and content right now,
and my point is that even if you were to find out one day you are(which i highly doubt) it wouldn't be the end of the world, in fact you'd be happy with yourself because you are who you are, your current desire is to not become a woman which means quite simply, you are not one :) maybe talking to or hanging out with someone transgender might? because you can get to know what it's like ect. x