PDA

View Full Version : Trying to stay out of the anxiety trap today

Mochi
14-01-17, 16:55
I have been having some pretty good days lately. I am a second grade teacher and went back to school after winter break for a few days and have now been off for the last four due to a snow storm. Woot woot, snow days!! My girls and I have been reading, playing, and watching movies; having fun. The anxiety has been sitting on my shoulder taunting me every day, but for the most part I've managed to keep it there. Today it seems to be tapping me on the shoulder rather hard and I would just love to touch base and receive support…

My anxiety voice can get so loud sometimes. It is very difficult to drown it out . Every twitch, pain, uncomfortable feeling in my body, sends me into a panic I want to be able to control this so badly…

Who is out there today?

Sphincterclench
14-01-17, 18:45
Ive named mine. I call it Chester. I argue with Chester daily sometimes its a minor annoyance in the background, other days hes screaming in my face, but eventually I always win.

the struggle is real

Catherine S
14-01-17, 19:15
Mine's called Skippy, and can be a bit of a bugger catching me out when I least expect it. In the past Skippy (surname is Hart) had a very loud voice and tried everything to bring me down, but nowadays Skippy is mostly on best behaviour.

Don't let your anxiety bring you down Mochi, keep fighting the battle.

ISB :) x

Hancock
14-01-17, 21:15
I lovingly refer to my group of mental disorders after Batman villains.

Bane is obviously my soul crushing depression and anxiety. Joker chills with my obsessive compulsive disorder and intrusive thoughts ;)

Bree0817
14-01-17, 21:52
Im in the same situation. Trying hard to ignore it but its constantly whispering in my ear lol I've had to force myself to get back to doing things I love to take my mind off of it. Anxiety has had me bedridden for days. Its always comforting to come here and see that we're all in this together.

Mochi
15-01-17, 01:56
Love the idea of naming my anxiety.... I am in the middle of binging a cheesy show on Amazon with my kids and there is a seemingly bad guy named Chuck. I think I've named mine Chuck!

Catherine S
15-01-17, 02:10
So when Chuck starts giving you trouble, have a serious word with him :mad: and tell him to back the f**k off...because you're the one in charge not him :lac:

ISB :D

Clydesdale Epona
15-01-17, 02:12
I've named mine Karen because it's just fun to shout sometimes,
"shut up Karen!" :roflmao:
i've been challenging mine lately, i like to see the voice as a child and sometimes it will attention seek so i have to tell it how silly its being and that i refuse to listen to it x