PDA

View Full Version : Puffy / swollen eye... Any ideas?

LF87
14-01-17, 19:06
Hi,
So I've posted a lot lately about various symptoms, all of which I'm linking together and getting myself upset.
Yesterday I woke up with a bit of swelling under my right eye. It's puffy and I've just had a shower and now the skin there has gone red, scaly and sore.
I do have a cold at the moment, but I'm panicking it's related to something more sinister.
I'm going to the doctors on Thursday about my cherry angiomas, even though they have been there a long time they're starting to freak me out. I'm now linking that and my puffy eye as something serious, I'm not sure what the link is but I'm fixated on leukemia at the moment.
Can anyone give advice on puffy eyes?

cattia
14-01-17, 20:36
When I was in my twenties, I used to wake up often with a puffy eye. For me it seemed to go along with having dry skin and being rather run down and dehydrated. Just lately (I'm now 39) I had it again. I had a few days where the skin on my face felt kind of irritated, then I had threr days in a row wherr I woke up with one eye so puffed up that I looked like I'd been punched! It went down somewhat after I was up a few hours. I have no idea what causes this but it didn't kill me when I used to get it often and now it has gone again.

ScaredLizard
14-01-17, 20:44
How often do you shower? Did you shower last night? What products do you use? After using the same shampoo for 3 years. One day it swelled up my eye and the dr said it was an allergy.

AntsyVee
15-01-17, 06:33
WHY would it be leukemia? That doesn't make any sense, IMHO.

You have sinuses under your eyes. When you have a cold, they can get clogged with fluid. Usually to drain sinuses, most doctors recommend cold medicine with either Sudafed or Mucinex in it. Call your GP or nurse hotline and ask what they recommend.

LF87
15-01-17, 19:22
Thank you all for replying. It's worse today and very dry/scaly underneath :( I had a late night with friends, alcohol was involved so thar won't have helped.
My boyfriend thinks my sinuses are blocked so he bought me some sudafed which has helped with the congestion. Should this help bring it down do you guys think?

Mummybee
15-01-17, 22:33
I have this today
I've had it before, mine burns and then goes scaly.
Makes me freak out too.
Let me know what you find out x

AntsyVee
15-01-17, 22:52
Thank you all for replying. It's worse today and very dry/scaly underneath :( I had a late night with friends, alcohol was involved so thar won't have helped.
My boyfriend thinks my sinuses are blocked so he bought me some sudafed which has helped with the congestion. Should this help bring it down do you guys think?

The Sudafed should help. You should also should alternate hot and cold compresses on it, drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.

No alcohol. :lac:

LF87
16-01-17, 01:53
Thank you, I am trying to rest but my mind is racing.
I took off my makeup and put my cream on and it stung, now the other eye looks a bit red underneath too.
I am so scared it means something sinister is happening to my body. Like my lymph nodes aren't working or something I don't know. My boyfriend says I'm being silly and it's just from having a blocked nose / blowing it all the time that the sinuses will be inflamed but I can't rationalise.
I have had the dry redness when the weather has been over like it is now. But not puffy/swelling I don't think.
Is this something to worry over?
Thank you for replying I just need calming

Fishmanpa
16-01-17, 01:56
You're spiraling LF... you know it and we all know it. Reel it in. It's up to you!

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

LF87
16-01-17, 02:00
To add, I've been house sitting for my friends cats and dog this week. I've been around them before and house sat with no allergic reaction. Is it possible I've suddenly developed one? I used to do horse riding wheh I was young but had to stop because I was itching eyes / everywhere, definitely was allergic. And I was a little allergic to my Guinea pig that I had when younger too, but never cats or dogs? Could I maybe have developed an allergy? It came on maybe 2 days into my stay there

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

Fishman I know, I'm acting like a lunatic. I actually lost a hair the other day, it happened to me a few years ago at a stressful time. Can't believe the strain and worry I'm putting on myself. Genuinely a nightmare at the minute. Going to doctors on Thursday, I hope she'll refer me to someone to talk to. It's helped me in the past to get over this.

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Not a hair, a clump of hair. Autotype so annoying!

AntsyVee
16-01-17, 03:05
Dude, you need to take care of yourself. Rest, fluids, medicine. This constant worry is only going to extend your cold.

LF87
16-01-17, 03:17
AntsyVee, I know. It's just so intense this time around. I beat HA, beat all of it for two years. Training all the time, got into uni to do an amazing course, couldn't believe I got accepted. Everything had been going great. Then out of nowhere I've been absolutely face planted with anxiety and seems I've forgotten everything I learned. I can't rationalise, the sensible side of my brain isn't working. It's 3am, I can't sleep, I've opted for wine in bed to calm my nerves as I've just had a full scale panic attack and everyone's asleep. I know this will make my cold / sinus problem worse, or at least stop it improving, but anything is better than the scale of anxiety I'm on today.
Rock bottom is where I'm at dramatic as it sounds. But this is a good thing because I needed to reach this point to force myself into getting better.

AntsyVee
16-01-17, 06:02
For me, the only way up out of rock bottom has been meds and therapy.

How did you handle it two years ago?

LF87
16-01-17, 13:35
I had CBT which was successful. I also got into training twice a day which seemed to get rid of a lot of anxiety. I need to do both asap but because of my cold I have no motivation

AntsyVee
16-01-17, 18:50
Well first take care of your cold, then tackle the anxiety. One thing at a time.