PDA

View Full Version : Tooth / Jaw problem..anxiety?

MissSunshine
14-01-17, 19:25
Hello all
Does this sound like TMJ to you?
About a week ago I started having pain in my bottom tooth when eating not a sharp pain just an ache. I went to the dentist a couple of days ago and they couldn't see anything so took an xray and said there was no infection however I do have a big filling on the tooth and it may be the start of something so check back in a week if the pain is still there.

I mentioned to her I have had bad anxiety recently and my anxiety meds have made me clench my teeth alot more. The whole of the jaw aches on the same side as where I think the pain from the tooth is I am now not sure if its the tooth or my jaw. She said its too early to say but ring back if I do think its to do with clenching.

My right jaw joint hurts when I open and shut it, it clicks and throbs if I move my bottom jaw to the side
and a new symptom of whilst I last eat a pain when from my tooth/jaw down my neck

I am freaking out thinking its my tooth and I need a root canal but whats the odds it could be TMJ from clenching? can you get tooth pain especially when eating with TMJ?

I need to ring my dentist next week to tell her what I need so any advise would be great Thank you in advance xx

Mojo61
14-01-17, 19:37
Does the tooth hurt when you tap it or eat anything hot or cold?

MissSunshine
14-01-17, 19:38
No it doesn't xx

Mojo61
14-01-17, 20:22
Then it's likely to be the jaw rather than the tooth itself. I clench my teeth too, I wake up in pain because I've been subconsciously grinding them at night. You should find it eases off once your anxiety is under control.