PDA

View Full Version : Please help feeling down

scaredgirl86
15-01-17, 05:08
Sorry for making another thread but this is really important. I'm having s reallly hard time now with my anxiety after reading Chinese medicines articles about the moons on your fingers. According to them if you have no months on any of your fingers or only on you thumbs it means your gonna get a disease they used the words disease is coming and it freaked me out. I don't know what to think I only have them on my thumbs and I'm afraid they are right does anyone believe this? Do you only have moons on your thumbs too? Also I'm worried that I have estrogen dominance which is dangerous. I had blood test in August never said anything about thyroid or anything. I'm just scared all these things mean breast cancer is inevitable and I cannot think of anything else.Another thing is after leaning on my face yesterday I have like broken blood vessels they are better today but what would cause that is there something wrong with my blood. I'm sorry if I'm going insane I don't have anyone to talk to who understands and I don't want to make tons of threads please help I'm so done with this all. http://www.healthylifetricks.com/ever-wondered-half-moon-shape-nails-means-answer-important-think/
And this one http://depkewellness.com/what-is-your-cancer-risk/

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 05:33
I don't know about any of that. but I am here to talk and calm you down some.

scaredgirl86
15-01-17, 05:36
Thank you for replying I'm going crazy thinking I'm gonna get cancer the this article too http://depkewellness.com/dr-chi-results-astounding/ about the cherry angiomas and no moons I have both I don't know what to think.

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 05:39
Well I don't think your going to just pop up with cancer. For sure from something a article says. If cancer was that easy for doctors to detect before hand then I'd think they would all go by that. For one you can't believe everything you read online. Seems to me you had the cancer scare before you even read all this stuff??

scaredgirl86
15-01-17, 06:02
I've been afraid of breast cancer for years. I don't think I could ignore what it says.

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 06:34
Have you been to the DR?

Deckard
15-01-17, 06:42
I've only got moons on my thumbs (and barely visible ones on my index fingers). Although I can't say if that's always been like that.

Leah88
15-01-17, 06:47
You could ask everyone who doesn't have moons on here to post yay.... then you'll know how common or uncommon they are. I'll look at everyone's nails I come in contact with tomorrow and let you know how many I see who have moons.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Also Chinese medicine is not science - every year it gets less and less credit the more science advances. A Chinese massage man told me I would die young as I had cold feet. I told my Dr and he said bullshit. Your feet are cold because you are too skinny and anaemic so you have poor blood flow.

scaredgirl86
15-01-17, 07:30
Nz- I was at dr in September had breast exam which was good had ultrasound for my worries that was good also a blood test.

Thanks for replies. I hope it's most people have them only on thumbs

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 08:30
I have none. and barely can see white on my right thumb.

KeeKee
15-01-17, 09:08
I too only have them on my thumbs. I also worry about oestrogen dominance (not because of my lack of 'moons'), but even if we did have it it doesn't automatically mean anyone will get breast cancer. The risk could be tiny, plus we may not even be oestrogen dominant anyway.

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 09:18
There is a couple things I wonder about that post first says if you don't have any then that shows poor circulation to hands or feet which makes for increase blood vessels. And says that cancer cells would move much slower. Which would increase the risk. but having cancer cells would mean you have cancer anyways right? Cancer is a cell that goes abnormal for some reason ( idk if anyone knows why ) which would mean weather you have good circulation or bad circulation to your hands and feet that who is to say your body will have cancer cells going thru it. Also wouldn't working out on regular basis make your circulation better? That would change the way the moons show up on your fingers. I actually don't recall ever having any moons on my fingers. And yes cancer runson both sides of my family. My grandmaw on
Moms side got it and Pawpal on dads side got it at a old age. So if it is even true who is to say when you would get the cancer? Maybe you wouldn't get it till age 90 then you spent many decades worrying over it.

I'm not saying you couldnt worry some but worrying about it like crazy is just making you more anxious. Cancer is not a clear disease. No one knows what really causes it and who is going to get it. I'm sure plenty of people with the moons as the DR described have ended up with cancer and I'm sure people with no moons or moons on just their thumbs have not gotten cancer. And even if you did end up with cancer who is to say you don't get rid of it or beat it. Don't worry yourself suck over something you got clear results on. Just keep going for regular checkups Sorry for the long post. Just saying I don't think the way your fingernails look is going to determine for sure if your getting cancer or not.

I also just went thru my photos on my phone and found a couple photos that had my fingernails in them from June/July 2015 and mine still didn't have any. Like I said I'm pretty sure I have never had them.

scaredgirl86
15-01-17, 17:27
Yea I noticed a lot of people saying they don't have them on fingers and we can't all have cancer. Also lots of people have poor circulation for years and they don't get cancer. The dr a few months ago when I went said there was nothing wrong with me I even had heart checked so it would stupid cause of the way my fingers are to worry I'm gonna get cancer. Most real doctors know nothing about the moons or if they do they say it's just vitamin deficiency. Still like what you said Nz the cancer cell part scares me and when he said 80 percent risk that's a lot

Fishmanpa
15-01-17, 17:38
Well.... Just like Trump says about global warming, this could be just another scare mongering rumor perpetrated by the Chinese to sell fake remedies and increase world domination ;)

Positive thoughts

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 17:39
Yeah but is he right? I had my heart checked last year too. And from what I read the moons could be from a lot of different things?? Your going by someone who could be wrong. Just seems if that really was the facts it would get around the US or world fast. And I never heard of this till your post today. But if he is true and you can't change it is it worth worrying about for many years when you still might not get cancer? And you don't know how many years could go by before you got it even if you did it get it. I'm like you my anxiety gets the best of me too. But I'm working on rationalizing that some things we have no control over and can't change. And some thing we have no clue if they will ever even happen. I base my facts that I have good chance of getting cancer either me or my brother or sister from my grand parents from both sides of my family. Not my fingernails. Still I try not to worry about that because who is to say the cancer we get will be deadly? Lots of cancers are caught early and cured. Then lots are not. But say you lived 30 more years cancer free then get it and you catch it early and are cured from it but in those 30 years you worried yourself sick over getting it. So was that a good 30 years or no? In the end with cancer no one knows. Atleast cancer you have somewhat of a fighting chance and more so if caught early. There are dieases out there you have no chance to be cured. And have no control over them.

RLG
15-01-17, 20:03
I too have a terrible fear of Breast Cancer, cherry anginomas and I also have hypothyroidism; so when I saw your post it got me worried so I read the artical. it looks to me that Dr Chi wants to sell his female hormone balancing remedy and for £85 he has to lay it on thick. If you want something to help balance hormones, look up star flower oil. The Dr at the breast clinic recomended it to me to reduce the affects of hormones on my boobies. Its full of GLA, natural, has been used for thousands of years and only £3 from boots the chemist☺

scaredgirl86
15-01-17, 21:04
Thanks you guys for all your help and advice. It would really drive anyone insane if they have to check their fingernails all the time. I think it's insane that fingernails would determine health. I don't remember if I ever had moons on any fingers except thumbs.I think you guys are right I should go by my real dr saying I'm ok than someone on the internet saying cause you have no moons your gonna die

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Also about the cherry angiomas I don't even know if that's what they are. They are way smaller than pictures of the cherries and don't look like them.ine are little dots you wouldn't see unless you were up close. I had them for years on arms could it just be how my skin is? I thought it was from wearing shirts tight on the arms

Nzxt27
16-01-17, 10:30
I too have a terrible fear of Breast Cancer, cherry anginomas and I also have hypothyroidism; so when I saw your post it got me worried so I read the artical. it looks to me that Dr Chi wants to sell his female hormone balancing remedy and for £85 he has to lay it on thick. If you want something to help balance hormones, look up star flower oil. The Dr at the breast clinic recomended it to me to reduce the affects of hormones on my boobies. Its full of GLA, natural, has been used for thousands of years and only £3 from boots the chemist☺

I Also got this vibe. He's probably making millions off selling this stuff to people who fall victim to what he has to say. It's sad but I'm sure plenty of DR are doing this and going home to their mansions on a hill and sleeping at night like they did nothing wrong.

RLG
16-01-17, 19:28
I Also got this vibe. He's probably making millions off selling this stuff to people who fall victim to what he has to say. It's sad but I'm sure plenty of DR are doing this and going home to their mansions on a hill and sleeping at night like they did nothing wrong.
It's awful how people make money off the suffering of others. First rule of medicine is - do no harm - but it's big business as specially in the US😡

LF87
16-01-17, 19:52
I think it's a load of nonsense really. I don't think any reputable medical articles would include the words 'The answer is more important than you think!'. It's just some charlatan trying to get you to buy stuff by scaremongering.
Ignore it. Actual proper medical Information sites like the NHS describe angiomas as harmless. As for the moons on the nails, well that just sounds like hocus pocus old wives tale. They actually made me laugh a bit. Basically listing thousands of benign meaningless things with what cancer it might link to.
Seriously, it's a load of rubbish. Ignore x

Sphincterclench
16-01-17, 21:32
IT just feels like a scam to sell you something....ive had them check my nails before for like circulation or o2 levels but if this is true, I would think we would know more about it through normal channels.

Nzxt27
17-01-17, 00:03
IT just feels like a scam to sell you something....ive had them check my nails before for like circulation or o2 levels but if this is true, I would think we would know more about it through normal channels.

I agree. I feel if it was so important DR's would check your nails on a check up. Like they do your heart. Like I said mines been the same for going on two years and if I had to guess its been the same for much longer just I don't have any pics of me over 2 years on this phone to confirm that.

Dave1
17-01-17, 00:15
Thumbs only for a very long time. And I used to worry about it too!

scaredgirl86
17-01-17, 00:48
I went and looked up pictures of me from 10 years ago and I still didn't have them and I asked the drs on healthtap they said it's normal and not to worry about it. I do worry about the cherry angiomas that article said it means estrogen is attacking blood vessels.

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 00:51
Three pages of reassurance about a scare mongering sales pitch from China? Really? SGirl... you really need to slap yourself upside the head and move past this one. There's no rationalizing the irrational no matter how hard your anxiety tries to do so.

Positive thoughts