PDA

View Full Version : To all my insomiacs please help.me. Starting to feel depressed :(

Miznuvem0412
15-01-17, 09:13
Hi,

I've been suffering sleeping problems for almost 3weeks. Before that I was dealing with a viral infection that wouldn't go away for almost two months. After being misdiagnosed and given so much antibiotics that weren't helping. My
Anxiety and stress levels went up the roof it was awful :weep: . Eventually I started supplementing with vitamins ,garlic, manuka honey , and drinking teas.
( this virus plus school finals really took a toll on me)

This seemed to have helped however emotionally and physically I felt drained. The one day out of nowhere I had two days of bad sleep and here I am experiencing sleeping problems.

The problem is that I can't seem to doze off and I get really bad anxiety at night. Sometimes I take Ativan but I try to avoid it . Last night I tried to sleep but from the minute I lay down I start dreaming and waking up every hour. I remember all my dreams and it scares me. ( I'm a very heavy sleeper). It's like I don't go into deep sleep and I don't feel like I sleep. I keep telling myself it's stress and anxiety but I fear it's more than that.

I cry sometimes after being sick for two months I'm now suffering from insomnia I feel like I haven't been able to catch a break :weep: . I fear that I'm never going to be able to have my deep sleep back. I start school again at the end of this month and I'm a mess right now.

Has anyone else experience this type of sleep pattern and what has helped

So far I've tried melatonin (didn't work), snooze in, how baths , chamomile test , warm milk.

I tried acupuncture a few days ago (I'm sure I need more than one visit to see some major results ) and I made an appt with a psychologist that specializes in anxiety induced insomnia using CBT for this coming week

Please someone help me :weep:

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Sorry for the typing errors.

Lucinda07
15-01-17, 09:20
I can only suggest taking some light exercise & keeping the psychologists appointment. Sometimes massage & aromatherapy can help.

Nzxt27
15-01-17, 09:46
I also been suffering from anxeity over past year and have went thru spells of not being able to sleep well. I think for me it was so much on my mind that keeps me from falling asleep and waking up a lot.