PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin and other meds

Kobey
15-01-17, 13:50
I just wandered if anyone is taking any other anxiety mess as well as pregabalin. I am currently taking 300mg x2 a day and my anxiety is horrendous atm. It started when I went on holiday and suffered from jet lag. I was ok whilst away in the end but now I am back I can't sleep or adjust my anxiety is as high as it was three years ago when I was in melt down mode. I really don't know what to do, I feel horrible all day then get to the evening and can't sleep. Back to work tomorrow and thinking of ringing my GP but getting an appointment with my doctor is a knightmare and they will make me see another on his team. I have been taking diazapam to counter the anxiety but not abusing it because it scares me.

The anxiety is severe as in constant feeling of dread and fight flight. I have tried therapy before and it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated and if anyone is taking preg mixed with another med I would love to hear from you. Thanks

skymaid
16-01-17, 12:56
im on 600mg a day of pregabalin along with 5mg diazepam up to 3 times a week (although i'm needing that less lately).

For me personally a combination of CBT and Mindfulness (MCBT) and the meds has worked well for me so far - I'd say i'm 70% better now. My psychiatrist said that pregabalin doesn't work for everyone though so maybe you need something else.

lotusblossom
17-01-17, 22:15
Hi yes I am on duloxetine have been for 5 years but it seemed to conk out so today I have seen my psychiatrist and he has added pregabalin to my prescription its a small dose and I took my first one this afternoon 25mg I asked if it was okay to take one a day for 2 or three days and then up it to the 25mg twice a day as he has recommended and he said that was fine as I am so worried about side effects and we will build up slowly to the dose that works for me which I feel better about doing . The last psychiatrist I saw put me on a high dose straight away and I thought I was going mad so stopped taking them I told this to the doc today and he said that it was a high dose and its best to introduce a new med gradually so I agreed to give it another go fingers crossed I have better luck this time.

shiznit76
19-01-17, 08:36
i take 30mg of mirtazapine along with 200mg pregabalin, too early to judge how good this combo is for me, but I know from here it has been good for others