PDA

View Full Version : Can Jet lag cause severe anxiety

Kobey
15-01-17, 14:05
I have been back from holiday a few days and my anxiety is sky high and I can't sleep at all. Probably 6 hours in three days. I don't if it's the jet lag or if I have got my anxiety back that was at my worst three years ago. Constant severe anxiety fight flight feeling. I put another thread in meds as I'm taking pregabalin and have been for three years, it's helped a lot. Don't know what to do and have to say I feel horrendous. What can I do ? I have diazepam but hate taking it as I know it's addictive but can't go on like this.

SLA
15-01-17, 15:24
Yes.

Tiredness and a disrupted sleep cycles are a huge contributory factor to anxiety.

anxiousjomo
18-10-17, 11:45
I am struggling with this too. Had an awful night last night (the first night back) after flying from New York to London. Slept about 2hrs in total I think and tossed and turned with increasing anxiety the rest of the time. Now struggling not to get anxious about how I will sleep tonight. I guess the best advice is to accept that this is a process and that it will take a few days for your body to adjust. Right now I feel horrible though.

EmmerLooeez
18-10-17, 12:18
Yes it most definitely can. Once you catch up on your sleep and settle back into a routine then your anxiety will start to fade away again.

It sounds as though you've reached that point of being so tired that it's hard to sleep. Really try and relax on an evening. Have a bath, listen to a few YouTube videos (the sleep hypnosis ones are good!). You'll get there, even though it doesn't always feel like it. Our brains can't function optimally with little sleep.

Xx

Kobey
23-12-17, 18:00
How did you get on in the end anxiousjomo ?
I'm having the same problems again. I have gone to Las Vegas for Xmas and I had the worst night ever in my life last night, the anxiety and panic attacks were unreal.
This morning I feel completely drained but my anxiety is a little better.
It's the first time ever I have woken my wife up crying. We have a 4 hour bus tour this afternoon so I am going to relax and we are coming back and not going out this evening. A film night and I'm praying to the gods I don't have another night like last night ��.

Thoughts to you all who suffer from this terrible problem.