PDA

View Full Version : really scared I have liver disease

Theon
15-01-17, 15:03
I'm extremely worried about having pancreatitis and liver disease I'm 19 and for the past few weeks iv been getting horrible dull pains on my left and right side under the ribs sometimes sharper pains and today my back started to ache in certain point behind ribs. Iv been struggling with alcohol recently as iv got into such a routine of drinking daily for the past year and a half and finally managed to have a day without drinking yesterday cause i was so scared. usually I drink about 9 to 10 units a day of lager or ale. I think I have ibs but haven't seen a doctor about it. stools seem to have white dots in them which is another thing that's terryfying me (sorry about all the information). Today I have started panicking all day convinced my kidneys are damaged as well and i really don't know what to do anymore. Does anybody think it could just be ibs or something less serious? I'm going to go to the doctors but don't think they will take me seriously as i have been in loads about other health anxiety issues not related to this.

Fishmanpa
15-01-17, 15:20
While I highly doubt you have liver disease or pancreatitis, what stood out to me was your age and alcohol intake. I would definitely see your doctor and discuss that aspect. Daily drinking in the amounts you state indicate an issue in of itself that needs to be addressed and it certainly can contribute to future physical and mental health issues as well as the symptoms you're experiencing now.

Positive thoughts

Theon
15-01-17, 15:48
Thankyou for the reply

RhiannaLouiseHerbert
24-01-17, 22:42
Don't worry, I'm a woman and I was drinking like that for 5 years if not more, and I'm still here. But I do have the same worry as you. Lol! ..x