PDA

View Full Version : Genrelized anxiousness but don't no why

Susantidy84
15-01-17, 16:10
Hi this is the first time I've been on anything like this, I'm so Fed-up with this feeling of dread I no I'm getting better but some days my mind just doesn't stop thinking about every little ache pain weird feeling in my body I'm asking myself every second of the day what could it be is it because of anxiety or is it really there should I be going to see my doctor about it but I can't explain the weird feelings especially in my chest my heart feels all fluttery and I feel gittery and on edge not quite right does this make sense to anyone out there please help

viking111
15-01-17, 17:10
This could be some unprocessed trauma that brings anxiety and makes all these weird internal symptoms which are common for anxiety.

Fishmanpa
15-01-17, 18:24
Viking has a point. Has there been an event or situation in your life that may have caused your anxiousness? Work? Relationship? etc.?

As far as the feelings, I've described it this way several times.

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. Your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

By all means, speak to your doctor about what you're feeling. There's help available.

Positive thoughts

NoraB
15-01-17, 18:36
Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. Your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

This is spot on, Fish. Can I shorten it to Fish? I have a thing for Marillion and they had a Fish and he was pretty cool too.

Anyhoo... which is why you shouldn't stop working at the anxiety when you start to feel better.

Susantidy84
15-01-17, 18:37
I have had a very traumatic life 12 years ago that caused depression and my epilepsy to flare up after it taking such a long time to be controlled with meds. But this was 12years ago why am I anxious from that now? I've been to my Dr who put my anti depressants meds up which has helped a lot at least I don't get suicide thoughts anymore just silly negative thinking thanks for the posts back never thought of anxiety being like a campfire really helped x

viking111
15-01-17, 19:16
Past trauma that hasn't been integrated into our consciousness pollutes our nervous system and causes all these weird symptoms, even physical.

mrjogi
15-01-17, 23:12
You just to stay strong and let the anxiety pass which it does eventually the more importance you give it the stronger it gets because you make it into something it is not