PDA

View Full Version : Is it a cramp or a heart attack waiting to happen?

JustBenn
15-01-17, 16:48
Hi,

Something unusual happen to my left arm yesterday while I was on the phone with a raised position, it felt as if it was a cramp on my upper arm, it hurt to stretch and straighten it, lasted about half hour, still can feel the pain today when I prod it.

Could it be a heart attack symptom if it wasn't a cramp?

Hope not as I'm 23. Anyone expirienced this?

Hancock
15-01-17, 17:36
Doesn't sound like it. I've had cramp like feelings in my arms and legs after doing something minimal, if you've been anxious it could be due to muscle tension. That's what I think mine is.

bin tenn
15-01-17, 18:01
There's nothing unusual about it. Holding the phone is the cause, IMO. Happens to me often.

NoraB
15-01-17, 19:03
Hi,

Something unusual happen to my left arm yesterday while I was on the phone with a raised position, it felt as if it was a cramp on my upper arm, it hurt to stretch and straighten it, lasted about half hour, still can feel the pain today when I prod it.

Could it be a heart attack symptom if it wasn't a cramp?

Stand and hold your arms out in a raised position for as long as you can and see how it feels. It's muscle tension. Stick the phone on loudspeaker next time.:winks:

JustBenn
15-01-17, 21:22
Ah jeez thanks it just made me wonder cos I am slightly overweight and have been munching over the Christmas season. Soon as it happen I wanted to Google it but I didn't.

Just wondering the arm ache warning before a heart attack, how bad is it? Is it like a cramp? Does it feel like a headache.

Pains all gone now but felt the aftermath of it this morning. Just a tad worried that it could be a warning.

Hancock
15-01-17, 21:29
There's really not much time between when the pain sets in and the heart attack itself. My cousin died from one and he had no prior pain or issues, was mowing the lawn one day, his arm had a shooting pain and then bam, on the floor with a massive heart attack. He ended up passing since he was an older gentlemen but you would know if it was something as serious as that.

And you're young. Keep that in mind.