PDA

View Full Version : CRP, ESR and cancer

Wilburis
15-01-17, 20:40
Hi

i just wondered, would cancer show as raised inflammation markers?

If so, would it be crazily high?

x

NancyW
15-01-17, 20:52
What is CRP and ESR ?

That's medical talk and I'm pretty sure most of us are civilians lol

By the way.. how do you know what they stand for?

Wilburis
15-01-17, 20:54
Oops sorry.

They are inflammation markers in a blood test.

xx

Capercrohnj
15-01-17, 20:58
ESR and crp are Inflammation markers in your blood. They indicate that you have inflammation but are not specific. I'm not sure why you'd automatically assume it's cancer. Lots of things raise your esr/CPR including injuries, soreness, swelling, infection, menstration, autoimmune diseases, etc.

Nancy- I only know what they are as I have an autoimmune disease, Crohn's, so I follow my levels closely

Wilburis
15-01-17, 21:33
Hi

Thank you for answering.

I always assume the worst.

Ive been taking an iron supplement and have really bad upper tummy pain. So Ive diagnosed myself with stomach cancer :blush:

My inflammation markers have been raised recently. My cRp went from 20 in March to 9 now. I know its supposed to be under 5.

I have also lost quit a bit of weight and my GP told me that "belly Fat" can send out inflammation.

Then I had a sinus headache for 7 weeks - brain tumour.

I had also been holding my mobile phone at a weird angle in bed and my arm and hand were numb over Christmas.

I really suffer badly with health anxiety.

Im also dizzy a lot of the time.

Im seeing my private psych on Friday(God help him) and I hope to start medication again. Although this is another problem - Im scared to take it because I know it can make you worse before better and side effects!

Sorry for my long waffle.

xx

Capercrohnj
15-01-17, 21:51
Going from 20 to 9 is a good sign. It shows that you now have less inflammation!

Wilburis
15-01-17, 21:54
Thank you xx