PDA

View Full Version : College Gets Me Down

scottishgirl98
16-01-17, 00:25
Hi,
So, I've been off college after a week of being off with illness. I'm usually not great about going back, but I've been worrying about this since Friday. My stomach's churning, eyes burning, I'm on the verge of a panic attack but not letting it happen. I hate going back, hate having to deal with the people on my course and the lecturers. I plan to finish the year (I need to finish the year) but feel I can't/don't want to go back because of how it makes me feel when I do.
Any advice to try and overcome this a little?

PunkyFish
16-01-17, 19:22
Hi,
So, I've been off college after a week of being off with illness. I'm usually not great about going back, but I've been worrying about this since Friday. My stomach's churning, eyes burning, I'm on the verge of a panic attack but not letting it happen. I hate going back, hate having to deal with the people on my course and the lecturers. I plan to finish the year (I need to finish the year) but feel I can't/don't want to go back because of how it makes me feel when I do.
Any advice to try and overcome this a little?

Hi

When I was at College and had time off due to illness even if it was only for a day I deaded going back. I would feel sick and feel panicky until I actually went back. It's a horrible feeling. What you need to ask yourself is do you enjoy the course you are on? Do you think you want to go into this sort of thing when you finish your course? Is it the course you hate or the people?

You need to have a talk with somebody about how you feel. Maybe a close friend or a relative. Most College's have student support services which are there to give students advice about a variety of things.

All the best. :)