PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes in jawline

aaronrh76
16-01-17, 03:50
How many lymph nodes are in your jawline? I have always had one the size of a pea on my right side, but now I felt another bump near it. There is one on the left also, kind of hard to tell if they are the same size or bigger. They are not sore, nor do I have any obvious illnesses that would cause lymph nodes to swell. Its kind of weird because I have always since a kid knew about the one on my right side, but never noticed the others. And of course I am worried about Lymphoma and other such BS. Turning 37 on Tuesday, and the semester is about to start up again, have more important things to worry about than another form of cancer. Well atleast I am not paranoid about lung cancer this time...

TimeSoup
17-01-17, 11:45
Lymph nodes can pop up now and then. They are meant to. If they are small and soft and stay small and soft, most of the times there's no need for too much concern.
The best thing to do is to show them to your GP. He'll make the decision of ultrasounds if need be.

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 12:34
Lymph nodes can pop up now and then. They are meant to. If they are small and soft and stay small and soft, most of the times there's no need for too much concern.
The best thing to do is to show them to your GP. He'll make the decision of ultrasounds if need be.

I'm sorry, I disagree with going to the GP for no reason as well as tests for no reason. The reason I say "no reason"? The OP has "always" had a pea sized node. Now after some poking and prodding has discovered more which is normal. There's no illness and they're not swollen.

Positive thoughts

TimeSoup
17-01-17, 12:56
I'm sorry, I disagree with going to the GP for no reason as well as tests for no reason. The reason I say "no reason"? The OP has "always" had a pea sized node. Now after some poking and prodding has discovered more which is normal. There's no illness and they're not swollen.

Positive thoughts

Sometimes you just need to go to the GP when the fear gets out of the roof as to restore some peace of mind.

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 13:04
Sometimes you just need to go to the GP when the fear gets out of the roof as to restore some peace of mind.

Respectfully, I disagree. That just feeds the dragon. The key is to get to the point that irrational fear doesn't get "out of the roof". I believe the monies spent on medical professionals and needless tests would be better spent getting help with the real issue (anxiety).

Positive thoughts