PDA

View Full Version : Back on the merry go round of heart worries

GadGirl
16-01-17, 10:04
So I always seem to have anxiety about my heart it goes away for a while then comes back either my heart it is going to fast 120+ or too slow or properly normal but my brain tells me something's wrong.

Eg: last night I was exhausted went to bed I wasn't sleeping yet but thought I would check my heart rate with my monitor cause something in my head told me too. And it clocked at 48bpm I manual checked my pulse and it was the same for about an hour before I went to sleep between 48-56. I'm really worried that there is something not right with my heart is that too low? I'm not an athlete by any means I am slim build 112lbs 5,3 I don't do a lot of excersie. So worried :-(

ServerError
16-01-17, 15:45
Why do you own a heart monitor? Did a doctor suggest you should?

GadGirl
16-01-17, 23:31
It's an app on my phone I have used for ages, I suffer from OCD so pulse checking is one of my main things haven't worked out how to stop it yet I'm afraid

Fishmanpa
16-01-17, 23:39
It's an app on my phone I have used for ages, I suffer from OCD so pulse checking is one of my main things haven't worked out how to stop it yet I'm afraid

It's called "Delete"... As long as you have that app, you will be a prisoner of the anxiety it causes by obsessively checking. If you can't bring yourself to delete it, have a friend or loved one do it for you.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
17-01-17, 00:11
You said you were exhausted, you were in bed with your system winding down into lower gears ready for sleep, so your heartrate was naturally dropping is all. According to you, your heart is buggered when it races and buggered when it doesn't.

You say you went to sleep between 48 and 56 bpm, and yet your heart obviously carried on beating while you slept at the lower rate, because your heart naturally slows down on the point of, and during sleep. It's known as the human hibernation effect, and happens much more in winter.

ISB :) x

GadGirl
17-01-17, 00:59
I know I should fishmanpa, I have done it before then when i remembered I had deleted it I got into a full blown panic and started checking manually until I downloaded it again :-(

Hey ISB, I googled "as she hits her head off a wall" and it led me to bradycardia and heart block etc I get myself so worried again tonight I'm lying in Bed and it's between 50-59 xx

PanickyGuy
17-01-17, 01:16
So I always seem to have anxiety about my heart it goes away for a while then comes back either my heart it is going to fast 120+ or too slow or properly normal but my brain tells me something's wrong.

Eg: last night I was exhausted went to bed I wasn't sleeping yet but thought I would check my heart rate with my monitor cause something in my head told me too. And it clocked at 48bpm I manual checked my pulse and it was the same for about an hour before I went to sleep between 48-56. I'm really worried that there is something not right with my heart is that too low? I'm not an athlete by any means I am slim build 112lbs 5,3 I don't do a lot of excersie. So worried :-(

Yeah I'm a constant pulse checker too, but not always with the BPM machine. I've had the same hear rate readings as yours for several years. I think the lowest I've seen my heart rate get one time was around 45bpm, but these days usually the lowest I've seen it around is 54bpm on average, in the morning when I first get up and late at night when I'm tired enough to go to bed.

I've read about many people on this website having the same issues and they mostly concluded that it was either because of panic disorder (which exercises the heart enough to that of a athletes') or the side effects from taking anti-anxiety medicines, because they have been know to lower blood pressure a little bit and probably heart rate too; which is what they're suppose to do to help calm us down or sleep. And I think my low hear rate is the result from taking Larazopam on occasions, but I never had other problems from it otherwise.

Because the thing to keep in mind is if your not experiencing any other symptoms, like falling to the floor when you get up from a sitting position or having to sit back down immediately because you almost fell from getting up, or either muscle cramps or confusion, then the mysterious low heart rate thing is probably a side effect from panic attacks or the medication.

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 01:25
I know I should fishmanpa, I have done it before then when i remembered I had deleted it I got into a full blown panic and started checking manually until I downloaded it again :-(

So realistically, what can anyone here do to quell your fears? If you're unwilling to listen and act on practical advice then with respect, what's the point?

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
17-01-17, 01:27
Gad, I take a beta blocker called Bisoprolol and as you know, beta blockers slow down the heart, and my heart can be as low as yours too, mostly in the evening watching telly, or in bed reading, because there's nothing stimulating it...unless I'm watching a scary movie or something. During the day it's a different bunch of bananas, even after meds taken, because in contrast to nighttime, lots of stuff during the day can raise bp and heart rate. Do you not have a doctor you can ask, or have you worn them out :D

Btw, I love your tattoo. But how can anxious people stand the pain? That always baffles me!

ISB x

PanickyGuy
17-01-17, 01:31
Btw, I love your tattoo. But how can anxious people stand the pain? That always baffles me!

ISB x

Yeah that's what I'd like to know. How does that work? Cause I got a fear of needles. :D Well...sometimes, unless I'm hurting, then pain overrides needle fear.

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 01:37
Yeah that's what I'd like to know. How does that work? Cause I got a fear of needles. :D Well...sometimes, unless I'm hurting, then pain overrides needle fear.

I have some ink. There's no words I can say that describes what it means to go through the pain of the ink. It's a passage of sorts.. A way to overcome. My ink has very special meaning to me and the pain in getting it makes it that much more meaningful to me and a constant reminder of what I overcame to survive.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
17-01-17, 01:46
You'll have to show us your tats sometime FMP, what we need is a tattoo thread with pics of members' inks...did we ever have a thread like that in the past? I can't remember. My two daughters have them but not me...no way Jose :scared15:

ISB ☺

PanickyGuy
17-01-17, 02:05
I have some ink. There's no words I can say that describes what it means to go through the pain of the ink. It's a passage of sorts.. A way to overcome. My ink has very special meaning to me and the pain in getting it makes it that much more meaningful to me and a constant reminder of what I overcame to survive.

Positive thoughts

I can understand that from your perspective, Fishmanpa. I read enough of your posts to know what you mean, because after what you've been through, I can see that. You must have a tough mind and nerves of steel, brother. I commend you for that. :winks:

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 02:06
You'll have to show us your tats sometime FMP, what we need is a tattoo thread with pics of members' inks...did we ever have a thread like that in the past? I can't remember. My two daughters have them but not me...no way Jose :scared15:

ISB ☺

Not a bad idea... maybe I'll start it in the Misc. forum. I have two interesting tatts... One on my upper right arm and one that goes around my lower left leg (that one hurt like a MOFO). I want to get some work done on my leg and I want one to commemorate my defeating H&N cancer. A Maroon and White ribbon (H&N colors) with some cool angel wings. Don't know where but it'll happen eventually.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
17-01-17, 02:12
Panicky Guy, nah, he's a softie really :bighug1: :D

ISB

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

But yes, get your chiquita to take a few pics of your tats if you don't already have any fmp, would be really cool. Sorry to hijack your thread Gadgirl btw xx

GadGirl
17-01-17, 10:33
So realistically, what can anyone here do to quell your fears? If you're unwilling to listen and act on practical advice then with respect, what's the point?

Positive thoughts

Reassurance... of course getting reassurance is number one no no in the whole anxiety and OCD black hole. But it's good to see that other members have mentioned they have had stuff like this and that IBS has experience with this.

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Panicky Guy, nah, he's a softie really :bighug1: :D

ISB

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

But yes, get your chiquita to take a few pics of your tats if you don't already have any fmp, would be really cool. Sorry to hijack your thread Gadgirl btw xx

Hey IBS thankyou for your long replies relieved to see that you have experience with this. Oh that tattoo is not mine but I saw it and liked it lol but I do want to get that tattoo. I myself have 5 tattoos all custom designs that I have sketched. My biggest piece being florals and words on on side of my stomach and hips.

And yes I panic when I get tattoos but I can calm myself down sometimes I have a very understanding tattoo artist.

Catherine S
17-01-17, 13:11
Hi Ggl, I hope you had a peaceful night in the end :)

ISB x (not IBS, I can see the confusion but i'm not named after a stomach problem haha)

GadGirl
17-01-17, 14:20
Omg I'm so sorry!! I just re read what i sent absolutely mortified I do apologise "hides face"

I did manage to get some sleep a whole 4 hours woop woop xx

Catherine S
17-01-17, 14:28
Haha, no worries, I've been called much worse than a pain in the stomach :D and 4 hours sleep, while it isn't ideal is better than no sleep....just try and catch up when you can. And please don't worry too much about your heart. I've spent too many years worrying about mine that I now regret.

Cath ☺ x (aka pain in the stomach )

davey2k12
17-01-17, 17:35
anybody else search the apps store for heart rate monitor's no? just me ? ok then

GadGirl
17-01-17, 18:51
Haha, no worries, I've been called much worse than a pain in the stomach :D and 4 hours sleep, while it isn't ideal is better than no sleep....just try and catch up when you can. And please don't worry too much about your heart. I've spent too many years worrying about mine that I now regret.

Cath ☺ x (aka pain in the stomach )
:roflmao: haha still sorry lol.. 4 hours is actually good for me that was a solid sleep usually I'm awake every 1-2 hours after vivid dreams it's a nightmare. Haha cath aka pain in the stomach I love that