PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes or Hypochodria?

BrokenAge
16-01-17, 14:42
For the past 5 mon the I've been terrified of having type 2 diabetes. I virtually have very little symptoms but the symptoms I do have made me worry to no end. I don't have blurry vision, exessive thrist or hunger but ever since I started to worry about type 2 diabetes I've been peeing a lot. The fears are on and off. A few weeks I stop worrying and the next few I am. I notice when I'm not worrying I pee only 4 or 5 times a day but when I worry I pee every 2-3 hours. I'm only 18 and have no family history of Diabetes. I'd go to the Hospital but I can't afford it at the moment and I heard the test you can buy at the store aren't that reliable. Any advice?

Sixpack
16-01-17, 14:53
For the past 5 mon the I've been terrified of having type 2 diabetes. I virtually have very little symptoms but the symptoms I do have made me worry to no end. I don't have blurry vision, exessive thrist or hunger but ever since I started to worry about type 2 diabetes I've been peeing a lot. The fears are on and off. A few weeks I stop worrying and the next few I am. I notice when I'm not worrying I pee only 4 or 5 times a day but when I worry I pee every 2-3 hours. I'm only 18 and have no family history of Diabetes. I'd go to the Hospital but I can't afford it at the moment and I heard the test you can buy at the store aren't that reliable. Any advice?

Certainly sounds like your anxious mind is playing a number on you.:shades: Which is what anxiety does. Anixety is known to cause increase urination and bowel movements and a HUGE laundry list of other things.

Thing to remember about fear--- Fearing something has no bearing on whether you get a disease or not. So while Type 2 is terrifying to you, it does not mean it is any where close to you having the disease.

If you were to go running to the hospital, it would be a colassal over reaction and a total waste of money that you do not have. Additionally this is certainly not an ER situation. All you would be doing is taking time away from those at the ER who need medical attention. Until you have an actual TRUE cause to believe you have diabetes, do not seek med attention. Best course of action for you (((and everyone)is to have a primary care physician and have annual physicals. The other thing that would be helpful is to, perhaps, speak to your primary about your anxiety disorder.

Ultimately All that is going on here is your anxious mind peddling lies and you are listening.

Fishmanpa
16-01-17, 14:54
Any advice?

Everything you said in your post indicates this is not an issue whatsoever nor will it be. You're essentially worrying about something that doesn't exist. You pee more when you're anxious due to the fight or flight response. My advice is to save your money and use it for something important :)

Positive thoughts

SLA
16-01-17, 15:02
You don't have diabetes, but you have a mental condition which needs to be fixed, otherwise you will simply move from this to another problem as soon as a different sensation arrives.

So YAY! You don't have diabetes.

But you need to work on your mental state.

BrokenAge
16-01-17, 17:02
Thanks for the fast replies! I'm just paranoid as hell of these symptoms

Sixpack
16-01-17, 17:38
Thanks for the fast replies! I'm just paranoid as hell of these symptoms

What symptoms? Urinating often when you are living anxiously?

Other than that--which is a symptom of an anxious mind's fight or flight response---you have no symtpoms that you have shared anyway. AND besides that an anxious mind often creates symptoms

Sphincterclench
16-01-17, 21:34
the anxious mind will identify....even CREATE...the symptoms your looking for.

Look for reasons your NOT ill, youll find those too.

Be Well