PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety or something new?

MarcusD
13-04-07, 20:07
Hi there and thanks for looking at my post, hopefully your be able to give me peace of mind and make me believe im not going crazy :)

I have been diagnosed with suffering from anxiety/agraphobia and have suffered it for the past 3-4 years.

Currently i attend CBT and take 25mg of Amitriptyline each night. Since i started doing these things life had started to get better and i eventually got the courage to go back outside and face my fears. About this time last year things were at there worst were i went into a relapse and felt awful. It was a struggle to get out of bed and my confidence was totaly zapped. Over the year i started CBT and started taking the Amitriptyline and as i mentioned things started to pick up and i became confident and generally happy.

Now the problem is for the past few days i have started to feel slightly different within myself and have begun to suffer different sensations. The most dominant one is that i feel really light headed and kind of dizzy. It feels as if il fall over if i stand up or that il faint. Just writing this is quite difficult as the screen appears quite blurry at times. In turn these sensations make me worried and those evil negative thoughts were told to avoid pop in there un-controlably, thoughts such as "im going into relapse" "its getting worse" and so on.

I had this before a few months ago but nowhere near as strong. I spoke to my doctor and he told me its a mixture of Anxiety and Side effects from the pills i take. Gradually they went away.

The annoying thing is tommorow me and my partner have planned to go camping which im very excited about and have been for some time but i think if im still feeling like this i wont be able to go through with it as might be too much.

So my question is am i going into relapse or are these symtoms something totaly different?

Any advice would be much apprecaited
Thank you
Marcus

honeybee3939
13-04-07, 20:31
Hi Marcus

It sounds like anxiety to me, try not to focus of the negative thoughts, try and focus on the good things you have achieved, maybe because you are going camping you are feeling more anxious, I.e. "am i going to cope with it etc" thinking negatives like that will make your anxiety worse, the symtoms you are explaining are classic anxiety symptoms.
Its great to hear that the CBT as been helping you Marcus and it sounds like you have made lots of good progress.
You go have a great time and enjoy yourself, will do you the world of good,im sure you will be fine !:)

Hugs to you
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxx

MarcusD
13-04-07, 20:40
Hiya Andrea thanks for your reply :)

I think your probably right and that i might be thinking to much about it hehe
As sad as it sounds itl actually be my first night out of my house for well over a year so though its a small thing its a big step, a step which even if i go insane/lose my ability to move and forget how to speak il still be making :)

I do feel slightly better now as went for a walk, its amazing what some fresh air will do for you!

Il keep hanging in there as i always do, thanks again for your reply hope you have a great weekend!
Marcus

honeybee3939
13-04-07, 21:27
:) :) :)
Hi Marcus

Yes its going to be BIG Step for you, and one that is a step in the right direction! :) :)

Onwards and Upwards for you my friend ! have a great time and let us know all about it when you get back !

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

MarcusD
15-04-07, 21:23
Just a quick message to say i went camping and was great fun, was compleltly fine the whole time! Only problem was i got sunburnt a little doh!
Just goes to show negative thoughts as horrible as they can be arnt harmful and simply going through with things we try to avoid is worth it in the end :)

honeybee3939
15-04-07, 21:49
Hi Marcus

So pleased you had a great time!:) :) apart from the sunburn..lol

WELL DONE, thats a lovely achievement for you !:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Proud of you hun !

Love
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx