PDA

View Full Version : 10year sufferer of Anxiety

Casper1
16-01-17, 14:46
Hi Im new to the site. I have severe anxiety coupled with some weird OCD habits. I have basically been trying to deal with this myself for the last 10 years. No-body else knows, not even my wife.
It is causing real problems, cause the only time I really leave the house is to go to work, which in itself is a struggle because driving or just being in a car triggers my anxiety worse than anything else.

I guess I really need some advice from people that understand.

venusbluejeans
16-01-17, 14:51
Hiya Casper1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Dano
17-01-17, 03:31
Hi Im new to the site. I have severe anxiety coupled with some weird OCD habits. I have basically been trying to deal with this myself for the last 10 years. No-body else knows, not even my wife.
It is causing real problems, cause the only time I really leave the house is to go to work, which in itself is a struggle because driving or just being in a car triggers my anxiety worse than anything else.

I guess I really need some advice from people that understand.

Hi Casper,
I was like that since the service, once at work I was fine, the driving part was the hardest, hiding that from your spouse, was challenging, you first may want to consider telling her-that helped me then trying to hide it. This site has a lot of good info to research. I am not sure what you have tried, I can share what worked for me.
Just reply if you need support