PDA

View Full Version : Regular palpitations

Kellymarie
17-01-17, 00:47
Hi I have been getting regular palpitations. It is a very unpleasant experience. I have captured them on my heart rate app and an example is attached. Is there any way to tell from this if I should be concerned? I have not been to the doctors yet. Thanks for any advice.

Catherine S
17-01-17, 00:57
Good grief, you do know this is a forum for anxiety sufferers yes? Not sure what posting a heart reading will achieve. Somebody else posted a photo of their internal colonoscopy exam asking us to take a look. Unless there are any doctors among us, nobody here can really tell you if that reading is normal or not. These phone apps cause more harm than good :lac:

If by palpitations you mean you feel like your heart misses beats, skips beats etc, these are normal and alot of us experience them. You really need to talk to your doctor first though as nobody here can diagnose you sorry.

Let us know what the doctor says though yes?
ISB x

PanickyGuy
17-01-17, 03:39
Hi I have been getting regular palpitations. It is a very unpleasant experience. I have captured them on my heart rate app and an example is attached. Is there any way to tell from this if I should be concerned? I have not been to the doctors yet. Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately, like ISB is saying, there is no way we could tell you in your case and really seeing a doctor is the best thing to do for sure; gives you peace of mind too. :winks: But keep in mind that palpitations or irregular heartbeats are a common side effect from anxiety\panic disorder; even when you don't think you feel anxious.

Somebody else posted a photo of their internal colonoscopy exam asking us to take a look.

ISB x

:roflmao: That's not good!

Fishmanpa
17-01-17, 04:07
Personally, I'm most amused with pics taken of the inside of the mouth. Looks like a pink cave to me and I can only imagine the acrobatics needed to achieve a good shot ;)

Apps, home testing equipment and the like are not needed unless directed by a medical professional. Granted, fit watches and apps are beneficial to someone that exercises regularly and is trying to achieve a goal but to a HA sufferer?.. Nope!

Positive thoughts