PDA

View Full Version : deja vu scare

Aaronc217
17-01-17, 04:16
Having a bit of a freak out here.

Had anxiety and ocd for over ten years. I can always talk myself out of different symptoms and scares. This time I'm sucked in. My anxiety has flared back up recently. Just increased my medicine and waiting on those to do some good.

i was Playing a video game and had a moment of deja vu. I could figure out what i was trying to remember or think of and it triggered panic. Freaked out for about 30 seconds then went away. Two days later it happened again and lasted about 3 seconds. I just got up and walked away and was fine.

I google everything. Im totally convinced they were seizures. Simple partial seizures in relation to temporal lobe epilepsy. i even called my doctor both times and he still says its just panic attack episodes and not to worry. He even said go ahead and drive your fine.

OCD doesn't allow me to accept his answer and not look back. Its all i think about. The thought of them being seizures scares the hell out of me. I basically sit around all day long and wait for it to happen again or a big seizure to happen.

And reassurance would be great right now. This may have been touched before on here but I'm a new member. First post. First ten minutes. Just trying to not freak out for a few minutes so i can work on getting back to normal routines of life without worry about wether or not i had or will have seizures.

thanks.

TimeSoup
17-01-17, 06:56
Waiting for a symptom to pop up is one of the scariest thing to be caught in. What u describe don't sound seizure like to me but why not get appointment with a neurologist just to be sure?

GadGirl
17-01-17, 10:26
How have you been sleeping? Have you had a lot of stress going on? I myself suffer from a dissociative disorder and deja vu is one of my very scary symptoms and I have it pretty much 24/7 only a few a times has it went away. I have been checked no seizure activity just anxiety OCD and sleep deprivation, the best thing to do when you get a deja vu is don't question it or try and figure it out just let it happen and breathe your way through your panic.

Aaronc217
17-01-17, 18:51
No not really sleeping great. My schedule moved a few hours up ha staying up till about 3 now. And my anxiety has caused a lot of stress the past two weeks. Mainly health anxiety stuff. These two deja vu moments were short but scary. I just know when I googled it and it said seizure my heart sank and I haven't been able to think about anything else since.
Thanks for the reply