PDA

View Full Version : Chest X Ray,Blood Tests, Very Anxious

JakDaw
17-01-17, 17:10
Hi, I've been reading this site for a while as I suffer from health anxiety, IBS & OCD and beginning to get panic attacks. Was doing OK until I had very itchy arms for a few months and GP decided to do liver function tests. These were slightly raised AST,ALT & GGT so I had to have a US Abdominal scan which was all clear apart from gallstones.Mostly relieved though still a but concerned in case anything had been missed! GP has now decided to do a chest x ray and test for protein in blood which would show any serious blood disorders and also repeating the LFT's. I'm terrified waiting for the results, can't convince myself that all 3 tests can have a good outcome, although the GP did say that he was doing these to tick the boxes. Don't know how I'll cope if any of the blood tests show anything that requires further tests, i'm just exhausted with all this fear. Now have pain in left rib and side like wind pain, my husband thinks it's the stress. Feel stupid being so scared but that's health anxiety I suppose:D

venusbluejeans
17-01-17, 17:19
Hiya JakDaw and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: