PDA

View Full Version : Ears & Doctor

turnthelighton
17-01-17, 17:28
Hi
Managed to get a doctors about the wobbly feeling I have when I stand in one position. He looked in my ears and said that they were not infected but my right ear had some bulging. He did some tests like follow the light and touch yiur nose with your eyes closed etc and they were ok. Then he asked me to stand still with eyes closed and I wobbly.
He said it was probably a virus and prescribed travel pills, not sure why as I don't feel sick.
All I know is my ears feel sore and full and standing still is hard without being wobbly and having to sit down.
It is really worrying me and making me feel anxious.
:weep:
I know some people have commented on my earlier post about experiencing the same sort of thing but I know it is just not right.

Sphincterclench
17-01-17, 18:10
I get like that while standing with my eyes closed. I often suffer random dizziness but I write most of that off to Anxiety as it subsides with a Klonopin.

Catherine S
17-01-17, 19:32
Hi there. Considering the doc saw a bulge in one ear, I'm a little surprised that he didn't refer you to ear nose & throat just to check it further. I don't know much about the workings of ears, as in if the bulging is just part of normal for some. I have a deviated septum which means theres a bulge in one of my nostrils but not in the other and no doctor has ever worried about it, so neithervhave I.

But if you are still worried about this, can you at least get a 2nd opinion, or afford to pay for a private appointment?

ISB