PDA

View Full Version : Mole Biopsy Results Update!!!!

BrokenGirl
17-01-17, 21:39
As some of you may know, I had a very suspicious looking mole removed from my leg about 7 weeks ago. And it was only today that I got the biopsy results. And I'm so happy to say that I got the all clear - it was benign :-)
I'm not writing this to gloat or anything, I'm just hoping that my story might give a little bit of reassurance to anyone who is worrying about melanoma.
We all know the ABCDE's of skin cancer, and my mole ticked all those boxes nicely.

Asymmetrical - my mole didn't have a shread of symmetry in it
Border - my borders were all over the place
Colour - my mole was black, dark brown, light brown and red
Diameter - anything greater than 6mm in diameter must be checked out, mine was 8mm
Evolution - my mole definitely did not always look like this

I'm not saying that if you have a suspicious looking mole not to get it looked at. Get it checked out, if it's only to put your mind at ease and play on the safe side. But melanoma is rare, and even the dodgiest looking moles will turn out to be nothing most of the time.

And don't forget the suncream :)

Noivous
17-01-17, 22:30
Yes I remember your post. Thanks for reposting. Just got in from my dermatologist. Took a sample for a biopsy on a small birth mark on my shoulder. Not worried at all though. Let me ask - why did it take 7 weeks for the results?!:huh:

Glad to hear your good news. I have a saying on my refrigerator - "Don't tell me worrying doesn't work, because everything I worry about never happens".:)

N.

bdale1234
18-01-17, 01:18
Yes I remember your post. Thanks for reposting. Just got in from my dermatologist. Took a sample for a biopsy on a small birth mark on my shoulder. Not worried at all though. Let me ask - why did it take 7 weeks for the results?!:huh:

Glad to hear your good news. I have a saying on my refrigerator - "Don't tell me worrying doesn't work, because everything I worry about never happens".:)

N.

I like that saying.

Sphincterclench
18-01-17, 01:28
LOVE LOVE UPDATES AND EVEN MORE WHEN THEY ARE POSITIVE!!!!!!

:yesyes:

BrokenGirl
18-01-17, 13:56

N.

That's great that you're not worried about your biopsy. We all know where worrying gets us.......
And to answer your question, it took 7 weeks because I'm unfortunate enough to live in Ireland. Our health system is a disaster over here.

Oh, I love that saying on your refrigerator :)

swgrl09
18-01-17, 13:59
Happy to hear good results! My husband has a lot of moles that fail all the ABCDE results that are benign. Drives my anxiety up the wall.

BrokenGirl
18-01-17, 16:25
Happy to hear good results! My husband has a lot of moles that fail all the ABCDE results that are benign. Drives my anxiety up the wall.

That must be hard. But keep telling yourself that melanoma is very rare. And in my case I had one dodgy nasty looking mole that turned out to be benign.
I'm kind of sorry I didn't take a pic of it before they removed it and posted it here. I know that if most people saw it they would go "wow, can't believe that was benign". Any pics of melanoma on google could easily have been a picture of my mole.........

NoraB
18-01-17, 17:05
Great news!:yesyes:

Fishmanpa
18-01-17, 17:21
Thanks for the update and it affirms my feelings about most of what I see here. I've said this before. Of the tens of thousands of posts I've read, I know of two members that actually had something serious going on. Both went on to not only handle it but overcome it and the best part is that their anxiety took a back seat and has remained there since.

Great news B Girl!

Positive thoughts

Noivous
18-01-17, 17:52
That's great that you're not worried about your biopsy. We all know where worrying gets us.......
And to answer your question, it took 7 weeks because I'm unfortunate enough to live in Ireland. Our health system is a disaster over here.

Oh, I love that saying on your refrigerator :)

That's interesting...is the healthcare system in Ireland different than the one in England, Wales, Scotland?

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

btw...my dad had melanoma and they just caught it per chance. They took a sizable chunk out of his side and he's been fine since. Hence that's why I go annually for a check.

ServerError
18-01-17, 18:34
That's interesting...is the healthcare system in Ireland different than the one in England, Wales, Scotland?

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

btw...my dad had melanoma and they just caught it per chance. They took a sizable chunk out of his side and he's been fine since. Hence that's why I go annually for a check.

The Republic of Ireland is an entirely separate country from the United Kingdom. They have separate health systems that work in different ways.

In the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), you have the NHS. Just to confuse things further, Scotland and Northern Ireland fund and operate their own NHSs.

I'm not sure how the Irish (Republic) health system works, but I've heard it's very hit and miss. I lived in Northern Ireland for two years and one of the few things that united people there was being glad of the NHS rather than the system in the south.

BrokenGirl
18-01-17, 19:06
I'm not sure how the Irish (Republic) health system works, but I've heard it's very hit and miss. I lived in Northern Ireland for two years and of the few things that united people there was being glad of the NHS rather than the system in the south.

That's so true, and to be honest it's really more miss than hit these days. The Irish health system is just not able to cope any more. Waiting lists are crazy here, and don't even get me started on our A&E services. It's appalling to see people, even very sick and elderly people, thrown on trolleys and just left there in corridors :mad: