PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium

roseanxiety
18-01-17, 00:21
Can taking a magnesium supplement help with anxiety? How much should one take?

Clydesdale Epona
18-01-17, 00:36
Supplementing with Magnesium can help with anxiety or so I've been told, depending on what you eat you should generally be getting enough but the daily amount is 270mg
I get mine through sprinkling flaxseeds on my readybrek and drinking a horlicks just before bed but there are supplements out there I'm certain x

roseanxiety
18-01-17, 00:39
Does it work for you?

Clydesdale Epona
18-01-17, 00:45
Honestly I guess its the same as chamomile tea.
I notice a difference just obviously not a huge huge one, that and all the other vitamins definitely help but I wouldn't pay too much for it because its not a miracle cure x

panic_down_under
18-01-17, 00:56
Can taking a magnesium supplement help with anxiety? How much should one take?

It may help with mild anxiety, but the evidence for more severe anxiety is weak. I take 600mg/day for leg cramps, mostly in winter, and can't say I noticed any difference, but my PD is well controlled by antidepressants anyway.

It might be worth a shot. About the worst that may happen is some initial diarrhea.

MyNameIsTerry
25-01-17, 06:06
Be careful, it's not magnesium that you need to check for but elemental magnesium. I've explained a load of what I've found out in this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182186&highlight=Magnesium&page=2

There are links to other threads in there which will take you to some useful info I found on other sites.