PDA

View Full Version : Really bad panic attack right now!!

StarsDie
18-01-17, 04:41
Last night after taking a double dose of a magnesium supplement, I had dreams where I felt like I was losing my breath and I woke up scared for my life and I think my heartbeat was out of wack a little bit so it took me a while to finally fall back asleep.

I took another magnesium dose tonight without putting two and two together from the night before... And after looking up magnesium toxicity and the respiratory and heart problems that can occur from taking too much over a long period of time (which I have been doing), I'm now having a serious panic attack.

The bad thing about this one is that the panic attack heightens things that could also be magnesium overdose related. So I don't know what's causing what and if I have legitimate reason to be scared or not.

jorainbow
18-01-17, 04:46
How are you feeling now? I don't know anything about magnesium but I'm sending support and hugs xx maybe speak to gp about magnesium or reduce the amount?

StarsDie
18-01-17, 04:58
I'm starting to relax a little more, but I definitely still have an undercurrent of panic. The heartbeat feels off and that always sends me into panic.

It's late here. Midnight.

I might be in for a long night.

eva82
18-01-17, 06:46
I'm in for a long night here too ... it's good you've calmed down a bit though! I don't know much about magnesium toxicity but I've sent myself into quite a few horrible panic attacks by researching things health related online. I agree with the previous poster that you should talk to your doctor about your concerns and probably stop reading all the negative articles about it.

If you need to chat I'll be around. Try not to focus on your heartbeat because when you're anxious it will never feel "right" but I promise you it's fine. Anxiety and panic makes us super aware of every body sensation but you will be OK! If the panic returns, try listening to this:

https://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/panic.mp3

It's helped me get through quite a few panic attacks!

StarsDie
18-01-17, 17:56
Thank you for the response.

Panic attacks continuing today.

That link helps.

lindadiana
18-01-17, 18:18
go on youtube type in dr talks about panic attacks,there will be two videos on there, the dr is telling you how to stop a panic attack and says if only people could put into practice the advice he gives they can rid themselves of panic attacks for good,ive listened to him dozens of times when the panics have got out of control,it helps me but i cant put into practice going out on my own,i have not been on a bus or alone anywhere for over 26 years,hope your night isnt a long one and you can turn it around into being a good one,lynn