PDA

View Full Version : Fast heart

titch
18-01-17, 12:46
Come home from work full of a cold, heart is racing though can't stop checking it, I know this is a common anxiety symptom because I've had it before but can't stop focusing on it. It was 101 which I know is because I'm focusing on it. Viscous circle. Anyone got any tips on how to calm it down so annoyed at myself for letting it back in x

GadGirl
18-01-17, 13:08
Hey there having an sort of cold flu infection will raise your heart rate and having anxiety does that too. However 101 is not fast heart rate it's just over typical resting rate not anything to worry about

titch
18-01-17, 13:25
Hi thanks for replying yes I thought that as it's fighting the infection isn't it? It's scary as keep going out of breath if I do too much. I walked from the car park to work up the ramp and was knackered! That's all down to flu too isn't it? If I didn't have anxiety it wouldn't be an issue but I seem to pick up on every little thing. X

GadGirl
18-01-17, 14:22
Yeah infections can totally wipe you out and when we are chocked up cause we can't breathe properly it makes breathing a bit of a hassle so can cause breathlessness etc cause we are always breathing out our mouth

titch
18-01-17, 14:26
Thanks for your reply it does help knowing it's all 'normal,' anxiety makes it worse I think x