PDA

View Full Version : fear/panic fix?

TheGreatPretender
14-04-07, 10:56
was thinking about going on meds,I used to be on prozac but only short term,it helped in a way but i didnt like the idea of being 21 and being on meds and also not being able 2 drink.I got some hypno last year that cured my general anx and cleard my mind up alot.I have no real depression anymore that was also cured but im left with just a fear that seems stronger than ever or maybe just notice more cause lots of other negative effects are now gone.with fear comes panicing,its all social and involves people,so irrational its stupid and holding me back way 2 much,
can any1 recommend any meds to deal with feeling fear feeling vulnerable PANICS and feeling uncomfortable.
thanx in advance

TheGreatPretender
18-04-07, 17:41
any advice will do
should i go back on meds?
got 2 be something to help with fear and panics out there
have been feeling healthy and great 4 a while now after hypno,last session was b4 xmas.
thing is i keep getting invited out everywere all the time but i just turn it down,i feel an ass cause people take it personally and also feel bad for not being able 2 go out properly and have fun.i like the way i am in my general relaxed state and get on well with every1 (attitude has changed alot)but meeting new people just freaks me out abit and letting people see me like that makes things worse (no debate on that)so its better not 2 go places imo and just let myself and other people down.
i wanna go out more 2 clubs etc and say yes a bit more often.
whats a young man 2 do?
dont wanna feel doped up and have side effects but also dont wanna feel the fear shit.
also like drinking at home and out.
ill take on more therapy but not yet,in the future.
see the problem?
like i said any advice would be cool

Jimbo
18-04-07, 18:33
I would recomend having a chat with your doctor. They can advise on the best choice if you want to go down that route. Therapy is the first option really, it's best to avoid meds unless you really need them.

Sadly there are no meds that are an instant cure, normally they will prescribe an anti depressant which will take a few weeks to work and you may / may not get fairly nasty side effects from it.

Diazepam is a quick fix for short term use but is very addictive and the withdrawal if you do become dependant is very nasty.

Also there are beta blockers which can reduce the physical symptoms of anxiety, racing / palpetating heart, but don't effect you psychologically.

All these meds have some form of side effects, so there isn't a magic pill that will instantly solve everything.

Good luck,

Jim

Jimbo
18-04-07, 18:35
Another thought, you could try some of the natural remedies, have a look here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=remedies

Jim

TheGreatPretender
19-04-07, 22:12
well thanx 4 replying,all helps.
I wanted to be more educated on my options b4 thinking about the docs.I need 2 think about my options b4 committing 2 anything or dismissing it.docs arnt even that much help.all the help i got was off my own back,pretty hard 2 do when the whole mess is kept hidden from every1.thats like half the fight but thats the way it is and will stay.
i know its a little nieve to think that there is a miracle pill but has to be something 2 stop the physical symptoms like mentioned above,4 eg the herbal pills,got some off thenet that work really well,they make things easier like being a stronger person helping alot with fear/panic without side effects,still feel totally yourself and healthy etc thats why i think theres gotta be something just like that on prescription only stronger cause i cant fully trust myself not 2 freak out in some situations,hence "the miricle pill" 4 me anyway.if i knew there was no physical issues to worry about i wouldnt have the physiological probloems.maybe thats just the f**ked up nature of this whole thing.with the hypno i also did cbt but dont even know if its addressing the core or just symptoms of a bigger thing,
confuses the shit out of me.
lol i need guidance.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter