PDA

View Full Version : Scared appointment tomorrow :(

lily1
18-01-17, 13:51
Hi,

Just feeling scared and low as I've got my 4th mammogram tomorrow plus an ultrasound to investigate another lump I've found.

I'm petrified as you all know, as my HA surrounds BC and also the radiation damage from the Mammo.

I was advised to have this Mammo done by my consultant. It worries me as it is now going to be my 4th one and my 5th on the left side as they took an extra view last time.

Please put things in perspective for me as I feel I'm having it unnesserally and increasing my chances a lot by having more mammograms :(

I hate this!

eva82
18-01-17, 19:51
I know the fear of needing extra mammograms when a lump is found. When I was 18, my doctor found one during a routine physical exam. I was so scared! I think I needed 2 mammograms to investigate the lump and I was so worried about the extra radiation too. Thankfully the lump ended up being totally benign and now 18 years later all is fine even with the extra radiation.

Today at a dentist visit they took tons of X-rays because I was getting a complex root canal done and all I kept thinking was how much radiation I must be receiving but sometimes it's unavoidable when we have health issues that need to be addressed. Have you spoken to your doctor about your fears? What did they tell you? Sometimes they put it all into perspective in a way that none of us can. Please keep us posted on how it goes tomorrow. Keeping you in my thoughts!

lily1
18-01-17, 21:09
Thank you I've spoken to my consultant and he said not to worry about it too much and it's a low risk. I have to trust him.

He thinks it's a cyst so I'm thinking why put me through the mammogram.

Glad all ok with you, 18 is very young for a mammogram though

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

I will keep you posted. Thank you for responding x