PDA

View Full Version : Please, I need help.

jayware33
18-01-17, 15:17
Hi,

I'm my last post, I mentioned how ive always had palpitations from a young age and countless ECGs with nothing found. Well, I had a 24ECG 4 months ago and just got the result, the want me now to go for an echo / ultra sound. I'm hoping this is just to confirm there is nothing further as I've never had one before. I feel like crying and breaking down as I'm consumed with fear that there must be something wrong. I'm trying to use coping techniques but it's too strong.

My dr called to say I can pick up a copy of my letter for a detailed view on the ECG findings but I'm terrified to read it.

Can anyone please relate any similar experiences or provide thoughts?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Anyone?

Fishmanpa
18-01-17, 15:41
Seems to me if there was something wrong, they wouldn't have waited 4 months.

Positive thoughts

Kuatir
18-01-17, 15:58
Yeah, 4 months is a long time if there is something wrong.

You have a choice. Wait for the ultrasound or read the report and wait for the ultrasound. Knowledge is power... I know what i would do.

jayware33
19-01-17, 06:28
Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping it's to rule anything out.

jayware33
07-07-17, 19:37
So, I just had my echo about 2 hours ago. I was very nervous and they were going to send me home as my heart rate was too high to get a good image. I managed to calm down and it was done successfully. It was all done in 10 minutes flat and she seemed happy enough and we chatted about my health anxiety. I'll get my results in 2 weeks.

The worst part was actually waiting for the test, I feel silly I worried so much now it's over. It's not that bad at all.