PDA

View Full Version : Life Long Anxiety Sufferer Saying Hi!

DannyLad
19-01-17, 01:42
Hey guys, been dealing with bad anxiety since my childhood and recently this place has really helped to calm me during recent bouts of panic attacks and other anxiety related symptoms.

Been really struggling with a lot of leg twitching and pain in both legs for a couple of months and it reminds me of muscle twitching I've had in the past from stress... It's been much worse though this time. Seen the docs, had blood tests, all clear but they want to dope me up on epilepsy meds :C

I read up on the MS thread that included discussion about stress induced muscle twitching, pain, cramps and spasms... Luckily for me it's just been muscle twitching and pain but it's hard to feel certain when I've never been able to speak to other people who have dealt with this kind of stuff before. Hoping that will change!

Feeling lost and a bit scared to be honest. The doctors don't seem to consider my history of stress and physical issues and are quick to put me on high dosage meds with really bad common side effects. I feel like they might be misdiagnosing me but I don't wan't to sound rude, telling them to reconsider especially with how quickly I get rushed out due to staff pressure for high turnaround on patients.

Hoping to meet people who have been through similar issues, might help calm me down a bit because I'm really stressing about all of this.

This whole website is amazing, thank you to those that built and maintain it c:

venusbluejeans
19-01-17, 01:58
Hiya DannyLad and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

DannyLad
19-01-17, 22:02
Thanks Venus,

Yeah I saw a few threads that were VERY similar to the issues I've been having but most seem to be very old. I don't know if there are rules against posting in old threads here or not?

The articles on health anxiety have helped a lot, will keep up the reading :)

DoraFlora
22-01-17, 16:19
hi DannyLad,

Is it possible to get a second opinion?

Also, as I'm sure you know, anxiety has a myriad of varied and intense sensations. Some people experience intense muscle tremors.

Do you find your jitters corrolate with other symptoms of anxiety or do they seem to appear quite on their own?

Did they do any nerve conduction tests?

Doctors are just people, doing their best with the information presented to them, based on their area of expertise. Sometimes that's scary and not comforting, but sometimes that really helps you to try and establish really what the issue is and what you hope to address and what ways you can go about addressing it. Does that make it?

I am in no way a medical professional. Just trying to flesh out your situation/circumstance a little more.

-Dora

DannyLad
25-01-17, 02:45
hi DannyLad,

Is it possible to get a second opinion?

Also, as I'm sure you know, anxiety has a myriad of varied and intense sensations. Some people experience intense muscle tremors.

Do you find your jitters corrolate with other symptoms of anxiety or do they seem to appear quite on their own?

Did they do any nerve conduction tests?

Doctors are just people, doing their best with the information presented to them, based on their area of expertise. Sometimes that's scary and not comforting, but sometimes that really helps you to try and establish really what the issue is and what you hope to address and what ways you can go about addressing it. Does that make it?

I am in no way a medical professional. Just trying to flesh out your situation/circumstance a little more.

-Dora

No idea if it's possible to get a second opinion. They rush me out so fast because they're always overbooked. I had to cancel my next appointment because they couldn't book me in for blood tests for 2 months.

The twitching gets worse when I'm stressed but also when I walk now. I've never had twitching in my legs before so I have no idea if muscle use can cause twitching WHEN you're going through stress induced jitters like this.

The twitches then leads to pain and then tightness/soreness the next day which makes the cycle even worse :c

They didn't do any nerve tests no, they gave me epilepsy medication and that was it. I asked what they think might be wrong and they said they don't know. Totally in the dark here. I kept a leg diary for the docs but they didn't have time to look at it. Really felt it would have helped and would have only taken a couple of mins to read it.

What's freaking me out is I think it's getting worse because I'm basically house bound now... But am starting to get used to living with it.

Catherine S
25-01-17, 03:15
Danny, yes you can post on old threads, it will revive them and bring them on to the forum once again. It's only a problem when new members don't realise they are old threads, and post something on them expecting a reply. But no rule against reviving them, feel free, as some of them hold alot of forgotten information which is just as relevant today :)

ISB