PDA

View Full Version : Advice

3535nathan
19-01-17, 09:53
Hi

I have suffered with anxiety for last 5 years. It started with bladder issues where I was always aware and obsessing over my bladder and always feeling like unneeded toilet even after I have just been. Then that turned into panic attacks. Any way fast forward a few years I manage to live with it. But nearly 9 months ago when my girlfriend told me she was pregnant she my Panic attacks have came back. I am seeing a cbt therapist and have been prescribed beta blockers. But anyway I have been having panic attacks and worrying daily about the baby and am having fears about having a panic attack in the delivery room. I know deep down what I really want and that's to be happy and enjoy all of this. But the intense fear and worry is not a nice feeling and when the panic starts the adrenaline kicks in and it's so horrible. I'm petrified about next week thinking I'm going to have a panic attack and not be able to be there for my gf and baby when they need me most. I'm really not sure what to do.

SLA
19-01-17, 10:07
You sound just like me before my first child was born.

A switch will flip in your head, and you'll just get on with it. There will be adrenalin, there will be panic, but that is part of the fun. Go with it, do not try and fight it.

It'll make you 1000 times stronger, and it will be some of the best moments of your life.

Keep taking the beta-blockers.

Women and babys are super strong. You just need to be there to support her.