PDA

View Full Version : When you feel TOO okay that you're worrying...

Munki
19-01-17, 13:53
The title says it all. Is there no peace for us?! :ohmy:

So, over Christmas I hit a very dark place with anxiety and/or depression and I realised I never want to go back there. So in January I had a SERIOUS talk to myself and ordered 'Feel the Fear' and 'The Chimp Paradox'. As I'm also going away for a week in February so I realised I had to do something.

I've been using mental techniques to curb anxiety and, though it requires HUGE effort, I feel like its worked.

However, I'm now panicking that I'm feeling TOO fine. I almost have too much energy and am so positive and upbeat about everything that it's daunting me to the extreme. I have a holiday in 2 weeks and a job interview and I'm OKAY about it all.

I fear something is amiss and I'm going to have a huge breakdown. I'm terrified!

Anyone relate or advise?

SLA
19-01-17, 14:02
Maybe it just feels like that because its been so long since you felt like it?

So its a bit alien. Once it becomes the norm, it won't feel so weird.

I fear something is amiss and I'm going to have a huge breakdown. I'm terrified!

That is anxiety, and if you feel like that, then you haven't beaten it. Its just shifted focus.

Munki
19-01-17, 18:15
Thanks for the reply.

I feel absolutely great! I just keep almost forcing thoughts into my head that tell me I'm delusional, I can't be feeling this fine. So you're right to a point; that I still have anxiety due to the 'fear'.

Maybe I just need to trust, have faith that it's working :)

Very hard for the cynical mind.

Clydesdale Epona
20-01-17, 00:16
I've been in this similar position myself, things aren't going well and it runs you down but when things do go well you get suspicious and think "oh god is something terrible going to happen" it never usually does however and whatever does happen is generally through negativity and or just circumstance x

GS83
22-01-17, 20:58
Yup exactly the same........ when things are good I wait fir it to go wrong!! I hate it

PanickyGuy
22-01-17, 23:13
Yeah anxiety loves pessimism, making you think your happiness is too good to be true. They both work well together to bring you back down, so it anxiety can survive.

jorainbow
24-01-17, 06:43
I felt similar to this over the weekend. I was not as anxious at all and I thought 'what's wrong! I don't have all those awful feelings!' I won't say I feel brilliant but as the anxiety is calming I need to realise that's what's missing and not that I don't feel right!!!!