PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview - HELP

Northern
19-01-17, 14:10
Hi everyone,

I've been contacted by an employer about a job and it's making me very ill.

I'm in work, and a competitor wants me to go for an interview next week. It's a better job on more pay, but even the thought of the interview is making me so unwell. I would like to go, even if it's just to look around and see another working environment.

Interviews are always stressful even for people without GAD, how do people with anxiety disorders cope? If I'm like this now, how much worse will I be as the interview date draws nearer? :ohmy:

Thank you.

PunkyFish
19-01-17, 22:15
Hi everyone,

I've been contacted by an employer about a job and it's making me very ill.

I'm in work, and a competitor wants me to go for an interview next week. It's a better job on more pay, but even the thought of the interview is making me so unwell. I would like to go, even if it's just to look around and see another working environment.

Interviews are always stressful even for people without GAD, how do people with anxiety disorders cope? If I'm like this now, how much worse will I be as the interview date draws nearer? :ohmy:

Thank you.

I have GAD and it is can be true that people who have it will feel more anxious at say things such as a job interview compared to a person without GAD. However the key is try to not let it control you to a point that it could say ruin a potential job opportunity. I've let my GAD in the past ruin my chances of not going to interviews and I've always regretted it.

Keep in mind it's just an interview at this stage. You are not committed to take the job if you were offered it.

Pythonian
20-01-17, 04:26
Congrats on being recruited by a competitor, that says a lot about how good you are at what you do. I am the head of HR for a multi-million, nationwide company in the U.S. and can tell you to just be you. They already know you are qualified, now they are just seeing if you are a fit for their culture. Either you are or you are not. Be yourself, if it's a fit it will be apparent, if it's not then you don't want the job (when you already have one.) Best wishes.