PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Rhabdomyolysis after work

ShaunRyder
19-01-17, 18:30
So I am back.. 2016 was a great year for my HA, had hardly come on these forums and had only been to the docs once :yesyes:

But now it is back and bad.. today at work I was lifting some heavy blocks and also screwing in some long pipes which really got my forearms and hands working.. we only done this job for about 20 minutes and it wasnt constant but after we had finished my arms - especially my forearms/wrists felt like there were on fire and for someone reason this set of my HA, after about 5-10 mins my arms had finally felt better but felt weak. I googled (I know I shouldn't) and up popped 'Rhabdomyolysis'. It said people who do intense workouts can get this and even though I was working it was working out my arm muscles. I checked the symptoms and do not have any apart from nausea but I am putting that down to the anxiety cause I am worried and slight weakness in my fingers. But other than that nothing else, but I cannot get shake this and my HA is on fire! Should I be worried or would 15-20 mins doing some work not cause this?

Sphincterclench
19-01-17, 18:33
I had to google to see what it even was but I think thats a big leap.

Fishmanpa
19-01-17, 19:21
I had to google to see what it even was but I think thats a big leap.

Agreed. Dr. Google strikes again!

Positive thoughts

Sixpack
19-01-17, 20:25
Most HA spirals begin with: "I googled. I know I shouldn't have but..."

Ya know peeps who are really living with little to no HA would have chalked this occurence up to just one of those oddball things and recognized that our bodies are not Swiss watches and have a few hiccups here and there with no dire reasons as to why and gone about their day. There would have been no need to consult with the quack Dr. Google.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Also--- one must really recognize that it can take MONTHS of reduced anxiety before a body returns to a more non-reactive state. My personal opinion is that this occurence is really the bodies reaction to adrenaline, fight/flight response and your anxiety levels are not really as low as you may have thought.

Catherine S
19-01-17, 21:47
Why can't dr.flippin Google ever just say 'lifting heavy stuff results in sore, tired, weak and trembling muscles' and leave it at that. :lac:

ISB ☺