PDA

View Full Version : GIM

PanickyPolly
14-04-07, 18:52
Hi guys

I just stated GIM therapy yesterday and wondered of anyone else has tried it.

Jimbo
14-04-07, 19:07
Not heard of it before Polly,

Had a quick google, Guided Images and Music therapy right?

Sounds really good, is that something you are doing privately?

Jim

PanickyPolly
15-04-07, 12:22
Not heard of it before Polly,

Had a quick google, Guided Images and Music therapy right?

Sounds really good, is that something you are doing privately?

Jim

Guided Imagary and Music therapy to be precise but yeah that's right. Am doing it privately yes. Costing me £20 and hour which (as many of you will know) is pretty darn cheap for private psychotherapy. One therapist quoted me £75 an hour. This therapist is young though and just starting out so more than anything he's just keen to get his business going. He's had excellent feedback so I thougth I'd give it a go. Would you mind giving me your thoghts on what I saw Jim or anyone else? I was tol I gotta share it with someone. Right now none of it is making any sense. Basically what hapenned as he relaxed me into a kind of hypnotic state and then played three different pieces of music which evoked three different images. The first one I was in an overgrown garden full of herbs ued for herbalism and spells I felt. There was an old door in the wall whic I opened and there was another garden the other side which in contrast was pristine and full of children who wer all happya nd laughing and playing around a pool. They all looked aerian and almost fake...like the people in the future in the HG Wells novel. They were blissfully unaware though that their happiness was 'fake'. The second piece of music made them all stand to attentiona dn watch as a shaftt of light came out of the sky. There was something very unsavory about this experience. The thoird piece of music brought m back into the first garden which was very comforting. There was a house in it which looked around 250 years old and a woman in the garden. That as about it.

Jimbo
15-04-07, 12:48
Wow, sounds really amazing. It sounds like you had a wonderful time for your first session.

You are lucky to be able to do something like that, I don't think there is anything like that in my area.

I guess the images you saw are personal to you, and how you see them is the most important thing. Maybe the children relate to your childhood? Do you think the fact that they were divided by a wall is important? It's interesting that you found it unsavoury in the second garden with the children, I guess that's important too. I know with some of my experience in interpreting my dreams in the past that the emotions and the way the images make you feel you is very important.

It's good of you to share this with us. I'd be interested to know what you think it meant?

Jim :hugs:

PanickyPolly
15-04-07, 16:30
Thanks Jim, I didn't think about the wall lol. Maybe it represents the fact that I'm shutting out a lot of past trauma. Can't think what the reast of the stuff means though

Jimbo
15-04-07, 17:01
Maybe it represents the fact that I'm shutting out a lot of past trauma.

Maybe that beam of light is the chink of hope from all your troubles back then that you didn't notice before. :yesyes:

PanickyPolly
16-04-07, 14:20
Maybe that beam of light is the chink of hope from all your troubles back then that you didn't notice before. :yesyes:

I don't think so it felt bad. Like they were brainwashed into looking at this thing