PDA

View Full Version : Is light sleeping and dreaming all night part of anxiety or something more sinister?

Miznuvem0412
20-01-17, 08:39
This is what I'm suffering from is this common ? I have posted about insomnia, but I'm avoiding googling about it. Since google tends to tell you half the time you're dying or caught something deadly ������

im stuggling with sleep and if i do sleep I wake up every hour and constantly remembering dreams and feels like I'm not sleeping ? Jumping straight into R.E.M. When I doze off..

I thought insomnia was not being able to sleep or sleeping less hours than normal .. I feel like I'm
Nuts and will never sleep deeply.

I don't know where my sleep went I was a good sleeper I could sleep with noise, lights on, tv on , laptop on, and sleep about anywhere.

Now I'm here struggling

Ugh I hate this with a passion. Anxiety is evil

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

If I do take xanax or Ativan I sleep like a log. So I know somewhere in me I can sleep.

I just don't want to depend on those pills for sleep so I take them sometimes. I'm a be strong and go without them today

SLA
20-01-17, 09:06
Whats your diet/daily routine like?

What do you drink?

Miznuvem0412
20-01-17, 09:35
Well since I just getting over a viral infection that lasted two months. I haven't really exercise since it would flare up when I would exhaust myself.

That virus,school, and all made my anxiety/stress extremely high. i really don't have a routine right now. Since I'm on leave from work . However school starts in less than two weeks . I also just got cleared too exercise. So I'm a do light work outs since I'm sleep deprived that I do t even have energy

So far I'm eating better . I cut out caffeine , alcohol, and since I don't have a sweet tooth don't care much for sweets. I also eat protein and veggies

I'm just worried all I see heren that match my symptoms iis about sporadic and fatal insomnia. I know I don't have that but I never dealt with sleeping issues so idk how to handle insomnia

Fishmanpa
20-01-17, 12:37
sporadic and fatal insomnia.

Oh my! Please don't down that rabbit hole! You can just put it out of your head now ya hear me? You will NOT turn out to be one of the less than what... maybe 10 or so people in the world EVER recorded having this!

I've had periods of insomnia in my life. Eventually, the body and brain will sleep and things will return to a more normal pattern as stresses and anxiety begin to wane.

Positive thoughts

Miznuvem0412
20-01-17, 18:42
Oh my! Please don't down that rabbit hole! You can just put it out of your head now ya hear me? You will NOT turn out to be one of the less than what... maybe 10 or so people in the world EVER recorded having this!

I've had periods of insomnia in my life. Eventually, the body and brain will sleep and things will return to a more normal pattern as stresses and anxiety begin to wane.

Positive thoughts

I don't think I have that fatal insomnia

I went to sleep last night and every time I would drift off it's like something would pull me back to reality eventually from exhaustion I guess I start sleeping but it's light and full of dreams like I put my head down and dream and wake up dreaming. It's like I'm not sleeping.
That's what's scaring me. I've never experienced something like this :(

NoraB
21-01-17, 06:35
I don't think I have that fatal insomnia

I went to sleep last night and every time I would drift off it's like something would pull me back to reality eventually from exhaustion I guess I start sleeping but it's light and full of dreams like I put my head down and dream and wake up dreaming. It's like I'm not sleeping.
That's what's scaring me. I've never experienced something like this :(

I have, many times over the last three years. You're OK, it will pass.

MyNameIsTerry
21-01-17, 06:51
I'm with Nora, I went through it too.

Insomnia gets us in different ways. When my anxiety started, I couldn't get to sleep. When I relapsed years later, I could get to sleep but would wake too early and not get back to sleep and the anxiety would build.

I've had many nights where I wake every hour.

It's all frustrating and makes anxiety worse but if there is one truth about insomnia, worrying about sleeping makes it worse is the big one to remember.

Set up a wind down routine. Look at your sleep hygiene. Don't clock watch as it makes it worse. Get exercise, it's proven to cause deeper sleep.

You will come through the other side of this one.

Miznuvem0412
21-01-17, 07:49
I have, many times over the last three years. You're OK, it will pass.

Really
You have???

This is my first time dealing with insomnia and I'm scared :( this has been going on for 3weeks and my anxiety is growing out of control .

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

I'm with Nora, I went through it too.

Insomnia gets us in different ways. When my anxiety started, I couldn't get to sleep. When I relapsed years later, I could get to sleep but would wake too early and not get back to sleep and the anxiety would build.

I've had many nights where I wake every hour.

It's all frustrating and makes anxiety worse but if there is one truth about insomnia, worrying about sleeping makes it worse is the big one to remember.

Set up a wind down routine. Look at your sleep hygiene. Don't clock watch as it makes it worse. Get exercise, it's proven to cause deeper sleep.

You will come through the other side of this one.

I think I'm being my worst enemy right now.

My anxiety was bad during my viral infection my regular medical doctor would insist on me getting a lot of sleep and rest best way to beat an infection. Then I guess I felt the pressure and one night of bad sleep turned into a mess. I started thinking I need sleep why am I not going into deep sleep. The fear of the virus flaring up due to stress and lack of sleep made my anxiety 10x fold.

Then I started thinking the virus probably ruined my system.

I hope I beat this. Emotionally and physically I'm drained :( I can't seem to control my anxiety .

My psychiatrist prescribe seroquel and trazadone to mix it up so I don't become dependent .

He thinks this can break the anxiety and fear of sleeping cycle .

I have a 4 year old daughter and this light sleep and vivid dreams is leaving me feeling horrible .

Idk what to do

Lank15
21-01-17, 07:56
Lack of sleep = more anxiety = less sleep= more anxiety etc... I'd recommend really working on your sleep hygiene. Most of us treat our sleep as an afterthought but its super important for your brain.

---------- Post added at 02:56 ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 ----------

Lack of sleep = more anxiety = less sleep= more anxiety etc... I'd recommend really working on your sleep hygiene. Most of us treat our sleep as an afterthought but its super important for your brain.

He writes at 3 in the morning :blush:

Miznuvem0412
21-01-17, 08:00

---------- Post added at 02:56 ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 ----------

He writes at 3 in the morning :blush:

I also started seeing a psychologist that does CBT for anxiet /insomnia / and other disorders

I'm keeping a sleep log and will be seeing her weekly . I think the fear of not ever getting deep sleep is what's fueling my anxiety

MyNameIsTerry
21-01-17, 09:38
When you wake up and think "I've only been asleep for an hour, how will I cope" try to learn it doesn't matter. The more relaxed you are about, the more likely you will sleep. After a while you just roll over without caring.

It's very unpleasant and makes the day a total slog. It won't harm you physically, it can add to your mental distress more than anything and make you more sensitive until you get a handle on it.

You will sort it, we all do eventually. It's not always just about sleep but general work towards recovery that subtly impacts on other areas. So, relaxation work, exercise, healthy practices, etc all add up.

If you have things on your mind that you need to do the next day, write then down and leave them there. It saves you thinking "I must not forget X" while in bed which just starts the mind off again.

You might find things like visualisation or meditation help too. They help to teach you to relax the mind more. They can be calming and if you are very tired already, it might help you switch off.

sporque
29-01-17, 02:49
Really
You have???

This is my first time dealing with insomnia and I'm scared :( this has been going on for 3weeks and my anxiety is growing out of control .

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

I think I'm being my worst enemy right now.

My anxiety was bad during my viral infection my regular medical doctor would insist on me getting a lot of sleep and rest best way to beat an infection. Then I guess I felt the pressure and one night of bad sleep turned into a mess. I started thinking I need sleep why am I not going into deep sleep. The fear of the virus flaring up due to stress and lack of sleep made my anxiety 10x fold.

Then I started thinking the virus probably ruined my system.

I hope I beat this. Emotionally and physically I'm drained :( I can't seem to control my anxiety .

My psychiatrist prescribe seroquel and trazadone to mix it up so I don't become dependent .

He thinks this can break the anxiety and fear of sleeping cycle .

I have a 4 year old daughter and this light sleep and vivid dreams is leaving me feeling horrible .

Idk what to do

Welcome to glandular fever. It sucks, and it messes with your anxiety level and sleep. It's frustrating because you need the sleep to recover, yet can't sleep. I had these exact same issue for 3 months straight last year, it was scary. My doctor finally put me on xanax and a beta-blocker to keep me down and out at night. It was a miracle. I can totally relate to the exact symtpoms your describing. Whats happening is your sleeping in a hyper-aroused state, that's why you're remembering your dreams because you're not toally asleep. It's un-nerving!

Miznuvem0412
05-02-17, 05:41
Welcome to glandular fever. It sucks, and it messes with your anxiety level and sleep. It's frustrating because you need the sleep to recover, yet can't sleep. I had these exact same issue for 3 months straight last year, it was scary. My doctor finally put me on xanax and a beta-blocker to keep me down and out at night. It was a miracle. I can totally relate to the exact symtpoms your describing. Whats happening is your sleeping in a hyper-aroused state, that's why you're remembering your dreams because you're not toally asleep. It's un-nerving!

It's definitely scary :(

I'm still battling insomnia . So you had the same exact sleeping pattern ? It's so scary being in a half/sleep state and remembering dreams .

I think glandular fever did take a full toll on me