PDA

View Full Version : positive update

insideout20
20-01-17, 09:13
Hi,

I have posted many times on here the past few weeks, 2 weekends ago i had the worst weekend for panic attacks and i was on here a lot with different symptoms.

Since then i went to the docs and she prescribed me citalopram but i have decided to give it one more shot naturally.

i had my appt at the vertigo/dizzy clinic and she said i dont have vertigo, she said my balance is pretty good and there is nothing serious causing my dizzy/walking on a boat sensation.

anyway what i have done is cut out gluten, it could bge placebo or just the fact my diet has been really healthy but it has helped so much with my dizzy feeling, i feel different now, more relaxed and as though i am in control of my body, i am sticking with this for a bit but i havent had any major panic attacks either

the one thing still bothering me is a tightness in the chest and a sensation as though i cant get a good breath, it comes and goes and also the sensation that when i eat that its stuck down the right hand side of my throat, almost as though my food isnt going down right, i do have gerd but been on omeprozole for 2 years and i don t get heartburn with it but is there anything else i should be doing ?

is the chest tightness anxiety ?

SLA
20-01-17, 09:18
AWESOME!!

My brain fog went completely when I cut it out of my diet. And lo and behold, the times I have had it since I feel ROUGH.

i am sticking with this for a bit

More than a bit I hope!

insideout20
20-01-17, 09:35
i am happy about it

what would you consider if i said i have been having the odd panic attack but they dont last as long, like i dont freak out as much, is that a sign i may be starting to overcome the panic disorder ? or just that i am having smaller ones.

like after i typed this my neck went numb and pins and needles, heart was racing, i wnet to the toilet and kind of danced about now its gone away, before that would have been with me for a while

SLA
20-01-17, 09:47
How long ago since you cut it out?

It takes a while for the body to adjust. You still need to work on your mental wellbeing, and manage your thoughts. But doing that with reduced anxiety becomes a lot easier.

NoraB
20-01-17, 09:52
AWESOME!!

My brain fog went completely when I cut it out of my diet. And lo and behold, the times I have had it since I feel ROUGH.

More than a bit I hope!

No brain fog for me too since going GF. Also, the burning mouth sensation I had for six months and the majority of my migraines. Tried one sandwich of normal bread in between and within 20 mins felt nauseous, exhausted and I had a migraine. In the main, anxiety has gone from a constant 7 to a constant 3...unless the HA kicks in, then it's a 10.:scared15:

insideout20
20-01-17, 09:55
its been 5 days, i suffered really bad dizziness, felt like i was on a boat all the time, its gone by about 90%, it may have nothing to do with gluten but i am not stopping

what about the tight chest ? this does scare me sometimes, i know i have had it many times bvefore but taht coupled with feeling of food not going down worries me there is a blockage, or i should just consider its the gerd

SLA
20-01-17, 10:04
No brain fog for me too since going GF. Also, the burning mouth sensation I had for six months and the majority of my migraines. Tried one sandwich of normal bread in between and within 20 mins felt nauseous, exhausted and I had a migraine. In the main, anxiety has gone from a constant 7 to a constant 3...unless the HA kicks in, then it's a 10.:scared15:

Thats awesome too!!

My daughter wanted to go to McDonalds back in October, and I went for the least gluten thing on the menu. Chicken Nuggets. (Still coated in flour....)

I was really hungry so I got a 20 piece share box.

Man, did I feel horrible in the evening. Absolutely miserable in fact. Grotty, short-tempered.... just shit to be honest.

It's funny you said 90% insideout. Because that is the figure I always say when people ask.

The next thing to cut out for me is alcohol and caffeine, as I am still stuck in a perpetual cycle of consuming both every day. And I feel like it is causing the remainder of my anxiety issues. Alcohol creates poor sleep. I drink caffeine to feel more awake, and then I need a drink in the evening to wind down, and I don't get to sleep until late.

I have this theory that we are all perpetually living in mental cycles, and its realising what aspects of the cycle to change to improve our overall state of wellbeing.

insideout20
20-01-17, 10:12
Hi,

Yes 90% i havent touched caffeine for months, alcohol on the odd occasion, now i need to get in the gym that will help even more.

How are you feeling now in general ?

i have beat anxiety bvefore completley 100% for 6 years so it can be done to anyone out there who thinks they will always have it

SLA
20-01-17, 10:14
How are you feeling now in general ?

Best I have felt in years. Just frustrated about my life situation a bit now. Need to keep working on it.

insideout20
20-01-17, 10:31
yes stay positive you will get your rewards, how long ago did you cut the gluten ?

SLA
20-01-17, 10:35
August