PDA

View Full Version : Can't take no more think this is the end

Dravell72
20-01-17, 11:00
Over the last 2 weeks my life has been hell. I forgot to take my meds (sertraline) for 2 months went to go and he told to start taking it so I went straight to the high dose which made me feel like crap saw psych nurse who told me to go down to 50 mg so in the last 2 weeks I've had constant chest aches.pains.zaps pressure in different places during that 2weeks I have had 12 ecgs and 2 blood tests all normal apart from heart racing on ECG sometimes but I can't stop worrying my anxiety lvls are so high I've told my girlfriend that I don't want to be with her I can't go on much longer I don't want to be alive worrying all the time these pains must be something I can't go on anymore I'm in hell

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

Any words of support would help

SLA
20-01-17, 11:17
Sounds like you are in a really shit place.

Going back on meds, particularly high doses can be a shock to the system.

Apart from the mental issues, all of the tests show there is nothing wrong physically.

Be aware that the reason you feel so shit is the transition back onto the meds.

Don't make yourself feel worse by wishing you felt differently. Because it is a waste of mental energy. Try and accept how you feel for now, and maybe consider talking to your GP about the medication and how its making you feel.

Dravell72
20-01-17, 12:19
U just don't know how much longer I can go on worrying about my heart I love my girlfriend and family but I feel like giving up I've had 12 ecgs and two blood tests but I can't stop the anxious thoughts and in 14 days I've lost 1 st 6 in and that's worrying me as I'm not eating death would be so much easier at moment I don't think people believe what I'm going thru

Nzxt27
20-01-17, 12:39
I believe what your going thru because I have been thru it before a year ago. And I am still going thru it some just not as much with my heart anymore and I only had two ekg's and few blood test. You have had that many and they are still not finding anything wrong? Your letting anxeity and adrenaline run through your body constant which makes you feel very tense and on the edge. Your family doesn't know what your going through. Neither does mine. I get told by my GF she's not supporting me this year she did it all last year. What she means by that is she's not telling me I'm ok and listening to me complain about stuff the Dr's have not found or diagnosed me with. Besides anxeity I have not been diagnosed with anything out of my 7 trips to Doctor last year.

If they said your heart is fine then it is fine. Your letting anxeity run crazy through your system which causes all kinds of crazy symptoms.

swajj
20-01-17, 12:40
You need to stop saying you want to die because you wouldn't be here posting about being terrified of having a heart attack if you really wanted to die. Are you seeing a counsellor? If not then that should be your next step.

Nzxt27
20-01-17, 12:41
You need to stop saying you want to die because you wouldn't be here posting about being terrified of having a heart attack if you really wanted to die. Are you seeing a counsellor? If not then that should be your next step.

I agree with this. We are worried about our health because we don't want to die. We want to be happy and live happy with our families.

swajj
20-01-17, 12:46
Yes according to my former psych fear of dying is the root cause of all health anxiety. The OP sounds young and his anxiety is severe by the sound of it. Meds are fine but seeing a therapist is crucial when anxiety is that severe.

Dravell72
20-01-17, 12:55
No I don't want to die I want to live but I feel stuck in hell at moment and I just want it to stop I don't know how much longer I can go on

swajj
20-01-17, 12:59
So are you seeing a therapist? It's a simple question.

SLA
20-01-17, 13:00
How did you feel before going back on the meds?

Dravell72
20-01-17, 13:33
Before meds I was a bit anxious but hardly any chest pains and aches

SLA
20-01-17, 13:49
Talk it through with your doctor first, but I would seriously consider not taking them.

I've heard stories from people like this before, and if its making you feel that shit, I would seriously consider asking the question to your GP.

Dravell72
20-01-17, 13:49
I felt a little anxious but not like I do now with the aches and pains