PDA

View Full Version : Hodophobia - Anxiety

Amellie
20-01-17, 13:01
Hi guys... I am 22 years old and I am suffering from Hodophobia and even general anxiety. Till last week I did not even know what has been happening to me for ten years and how is it called. The worst part about it is: i can not travel. I am not able to travel with this disorder and the most- i am afraid.
I have a boyfriend for 3 years, who reaaally likes to travel and when he mentions to go somewhere I immediately get sick and feel under the weather. Sometimes I am thinking about breaking up with him. He is making me to feel under the pressure when offering some trips. I do not know how to explain when I have a panic attack. I get some pain in my stomach, and I am feeling like I am about to fall down on the floor and i immediately start to CRY. It drives me crazy-in a negative way of course. Does anyone feel the same, and please tell me what to do because i can not live a normal life... Please, do not look at my grammar mistakes, english is my second language.
Thanks in advance

venusbluejeans
20-01-17, 13:11
Hiya Amellie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
20-01-17, 13:16
Have you seen a therapist, or talked to anyone to help discover the cause of this phobia?

Any traumatic events which might have created this fear?