PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand up or walk..

Benjammin69
20-01-17, 15:46
Hi all,

So I have anxiety - not great! I'm currently taking 30mg mirtazapine, 100mg quetiapine, 40 mg propranolol and 5mg diazepam. My main symptom at the moment is I actually feel like my legs are going to buckle, I don't go dizzy but my legs feel like they are going to give way - I actually cannot walk straight or stand. I'm having trouble accepting that this is a symptom of anxiety and I'm having even more trouble trying to find a fix to it? Please help!!

witsend
20-01-17, 22:39
Hi there

I get that a lot, you become aware of your legs, then suddenly you don't feel in control of them. The more you want them to be normal, the worse it gets.

I find walking through crowds the worst, like when I'm shopping, although it fires up at any time. Standing to wait for a train is the same. I expect my legs will be wonky when I stand up in a minute, having now reminded myself of it.

You think about your legs, and hey presto, they feel all over the place.
It's a tedious cycle, but is a symptom of anx.

Hope this helps

W

Catherine S
20-01-17, 22:52
If you've ever heard the expression 'jelly legs' in connection with being nervous scared or anxious, this fits what you're describing. However, you are also taking quite a few meds, so it wouldn't hurt to check with your doctor if might be due to the combination of these.

ISB

Benjammin69
23-01-17, 13:01
Hi guys - I have booked a doctors appointment today as my legs actually gave way at the weekend and I've ended up bruised and grazing my knees!! Didn't think the would happen by evidently it does! :-/

Fishmanpa
23-01-17, 13:07
I agree with ISB as that's quite a bit of medication. Due to my wife's illness, she's on Seroquel and Klonopin (and few other meds). She was on quite a bit for a while and now, even at reduced dosages, she still gets a bit wobbly.

Definitely discuss the dosages and side effects you're experiencing with your doctor.

Positive thoughts