PDA

View Full Version : Another Diabetes paranoia

mihaitarcuta
20-01-17, 16:09
Good day to you all,

My name is Mike and I'm real bad case of hypochondriac. I'm 26 years old and I've been having panic attacks ever since i was 16. It first started after my mom died when I was 16 (she died because of diabetes). After that I became realy obsessed with this diseasse. I'm not scared of cancer as I'm scared of diabetes. Because of that I started to develop certain symptoms, most common is frequent urination., dry mouth (smoker), and for the last 2 years my general state is realy low, feeling lightheaded, constantly afraid of failure, I lost my girlfriend because of my uncertanty.
Anyway, that's another story.....
Getting back to diabetes. As I told you before about my mother, just to get genetics out of the question, I was adopted and i know my real parents, who don't have diabetes, neither them nor my natural grandparents.
I got my blood tested twice 2 years ago and in different locations and the results were perfectly fine, but I still have this weird sensation like I'm constantly stoned only without smoking (i'm not doing any druggs cause it makes my axiety worse).
A few weeks ago i ended up in the emergecy room because of these symptoms, again had a urine sample tested, and again I am healthy as newborn, no glucose, no protein, no nothing. How can the mind simply make up symptoms out of nowhere. I admit it, I have used Dr. Google in the last period, only to make things worse.
Next week I'm scheduleled for another blood test with another doctor just to rule out any diseases and know clearly if what I'm facing is a mental disorder.
Has anybody been through smt like this before and managed to survive?

Thanks for listening!

Clydesdale Epona
20-01-17, 16:33
I have the exact same issue with both diabetes and my reflux, my anxiety has definitely made my reflux worse and aa far as diabetes I got weighted and checked at my last hospital appointment and I'm still slightly underweight and fit as a fiddle.
anxiety and fear can definitely make symptoms worse and even cause some, with the amount of blood test you've had that have come back fine it is definitely time to try and let it go x

mihaitarcuta
23-01-17, 12:30
Letting go is what I don't know how to do, it's like two separate people are living inside my head, one tells me ''Hey everything is smooth as jazz, life is good, be happy, here listen to some sweet reggae music and lighten up'', and then there's this other dude '' Hey man I think you have diabetes,oh you're going to take a piss? Mos definetly it's diabetes, you have diabetes and your life sucks''. Yeah...that's my life 24/7 lately and is realy becoming hard to handle. Anyway.....that for your reply and if anyone is facing the same thing i am facing, it would be lovely to share your story.

Thank you!

Clydesdale Epona
23-01-17, 20:15
Letting is the hardest, i still haven't quite let go myself x

BrokenAge
24-01-17, 13:03
I relate to this a lot lmfao. I've been worrying about diabetes a lot on and off for about a month. Everytime I piss I have a little freakout in my head. It's like my anxiety is a different personality. I tell myself I'm pissin so much because Im so anxious and I'm constantly checking to see if I have to pee and the other part of me is just trying to convince me to go to the hospital. Just don't Google anything for the love of God. Diabetes has so many more symptoms and I started to notice "Well I kind of have this one". It's all a mental game.

mihaitarcuta
26-01-17, 10:21
My results partialy arrived for the blood test I had on tuesday and just as everbody suspected........I'm healthy as a newborn, no diabetes...nothing, so it's clearly anxiety