PDA

View Full Version : Gum swollen?

UserName20
20-01-17, 23:34
I have an appointment in February to get my wisdom teeth and a root canal tooth pulled. ( I just turned 17 ) My root canal tooth broke off at a part one day. I went in, they looked at it and told me they would send me to an oral surgeon to pull it. I went to the oral surgeon, they took a big X-ray of all of my teeth and decided that since my wisdom teeth are impacted hey will take them out at the same time and made the appointment Feb. 14. They didn't seem too concerned I would get an infection or anything and when they took a look at it it was already pretty broken up. Today I was messing with it with my tongue ( stupid, i know) and another big piece of the tooth came out. I'm not really in any pain, my gum below it is a little sore if I touch it but I just realized that my gum under that tooth on my right side is swollen up. ( I think at least ). It feels much bigger than the opposite side of my mouth. I'm scared that I have a tumor or something now... or that it's infected and will spread to the rest of my body and kill me. My appointment isn't for a little over 3 weeks to get it done, but now I'm terrified. I'm going to gargle with salt water but I'm just freaked out that it could be a cancerous tumor... would they have seen that or something abnormal on the X-ray or when they checked it? Maybe I'm worried for no reason, but I can't help but be really scared.